'11 15" mbp bottom cover popping up and down?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alleyooptroop, Mar 12, 2011.

1. alleyooptroop macrumors regular

Just upgraded the ram on my brand new 15" mbp. I noticed that after putting the cover back on, if you push towards the middle of the bottom cover it kind of pops down then up ever so slightly. Kind of like how the safety cap from a bottle of apple juice or snapple pops up and down. There's obviously a little space between the cover and the guts of the computer. It's running fine. Just wanted to see if this is anything to worry about.

2. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

Best thing I could suggest is simply reseat the bottom panel again and see if it still does it if it's really bothering you. Maybe give Apple a call and see what they think.

Outside of that, if it's running fine I'd probably just leave it - I haven't noticed any flex like that on my MacBook Pro, but I don't poke at the bottom either. :p

3. alleyooptroop thread starter macrumors regular

4. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Aren't there some snaps right in the middle of it that secure it from the inside?

5. HBOC macrumors 68020

i notice the same thing, but seems to go away after a bit. The first time i opened it up to replace the HDD and RAM, it was very noticeable. I opened it back up and tried to center it. When I had opened ithe first time, it was on there pretty good. When I opened it the second time (right after installing the HDD) it was really easy to open.

I had to re-formatt my stock HDD (sold it) and when I re-opened it, it was like it was when it was stock..hard to get loose.

If it is bothering you, just take it in and have them look at it.

6. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

mine did the same thing. Its not seated properly. When you open it, try screwing in the long screws first. This happened on my 13" macbook.