Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Big time.

Apple photos for me is a disaster on iOS 11.3. I updated my iPhone X and iPad mini 4. iPad fine ish. Reflecting what’s on Mac/iCloud in the main (there’s always been a slight discrepancy between numbers).

iPhone X is missing half the pics. Displaying in a strange order. I’ve signed out of iCloud. Switched off iCloud photos, reset iPhone but no change. If I take a picture on iPhone, it doesn’t upload to iCloud. Nothing is syncing.

Any tips how to get my photos back to working state?

Last edited:

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Big time.

Apple photos for me is a disaster on iOS 11.3. I updated my iPhone X and iPad mini 4. iPad fine ish. Reflecting what’s on Mac/iCloud in the main (there’s always been a slight discrepancy between numbers).

iPhone X is missing half the pics. Displaying in a strange order. I’ve signed out of iCloud. Switched off iCloud photos, reset iPhone but no change. If I take a picture on iPhone, it doesn’t upload to iCloud. Nothing is syncing.

Any tips how to get my photos back to working state?
Sounds like it needed to be hooked up to power and Wifi and sit idle to finish syncing before you messed with things. Hopefully doing that now will rectify.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.