11" Air Built to Order SSD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by JamieVB, Jul 25, 2011.

1. JamieVB macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I ordered a built to order MBA 11" 4gb ram core i7 128gb.
    All this talk over SSD manufacturers has got me worried.
    and i was wondering are there many built to order core i 7 11" models, that got the toshiba instead of the samsung?

i know its not a big difference however i payed for the speed upgrade to the i7 i would not be pleased if they gimped the SSD if i payed the upgrade in speed on the processor.

Please put my mind at ease
    Thanks
    Jamie

2. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

It's random. Either you get it or not. You'll have to find out when it arrives.

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I ordered the same machine. I do have a question for you though. Will you ever really notice the difference? I mean, realistically, outside any benchmarks and speed tests, are you actually going to think..."man, this is slow, I wish I got the faster drive."? Legit question.

As much as I'd like to have the faster drive too, I'd rather be enjoying the machine when I get it than have to worry about such a small thing.

4. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

To be honest, a regular user won't notice any difference between those 2 SSD. Only in big file copying would notice the speed but you probably won't be doing that on a MacBook Air.

However, I still don't know the different access speed of those 2 SSD which to me is the most important. What I think is that access speed will usually be the determination of how fast things open up and how fast it can look for applications, files, etc.