11'' bags by Luxury Brands don't exist!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by animatedude, Jun 14, 2013.

1. animatedude macrumors 65816

i want to buy a luxurious bag for my 11'' Macbook Air but pretty much all the bags i see in the market by high end brands are big...bigger than 14'' even.

it's either designers are out of touch with what's going on with technology or they are not interested...

the 11'' Macbook Air is very popular now, major luxury brands need to make laptop bags much smaller i'm still stuck with a crappy STM bag!

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Who's a luxury brand? Tom Bihn has some bags for the 11". I use the Cadet, one of the nicest bags I've ever used.

3. jedolley macrumors 68000

I second Tom Bihn, but the OP is probably referring to something with lots of leather.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Am guessing 'coz they expect u to carry other stuff in addition to ur laptop.

WaterField has exact-fit sleeves which u can order with a flap and straps. Thick ballistic nylon with felt insert and optional leather.

5. palpatine macrumors 68040

waterfield vertigo small is perfect. i have a pearl case on my ipad, so no worries about dents or dings.

6. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I've got this one...

http://www.sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.php

I've had it for two years now. Love it! not sure if this is a luxury brand but, too me, the price seemed luxury. (I don't normally drop over $200 on a bag, but this has been worth it.) Holds 11" Air, iPad mini and my chargers... though it does get tight with chargers.

My two cents.

7. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

8. sk3tch macrumors regular

9. animatedude thread starter macrumors 65816

yeah i guess that's idea....i'm looking at all the leather business bags from Bally,Burberry, LV, Armani, D&G, Mont Blanc...etc. all of them are wider than 14''! i hope they make them smaller...11'' ultraportables are popular now.

----------

it's interesting...if there was a black option i might order one..not familiar with this brand though.

10. pkiula macrumors member

Why? What's wrong with a small thing inside a slightly bigger bag? It's not like your MBA is the *only* thing you're carrying at a given point in time, is it?

11. animatedude thread starter macrumors 65816

well i'm a man not a woman i'm not going to carry my cosmetics around.

i'm a normal person not a geek who will carry 4 hard disks and loads of accessories around.

just my Macbook Air and some accessories like the Magic Mouse and a couple plugs.

and if i can find a safe way not to carry it with me and put it inside my luggage then i would but it's not safe.

12. jedolley macrumors 68000

I'm with you there... I only plan on carrying my soon to be delivered 13" MBA, power cable (possibly with the Quirky Powercurl), Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse, and probably some smaller accessories. However, I was not looking for anything expensive or flashy and have opted for the Incase Sling Sleeve. If you are looking for leather bags then take a look at SFBags/Waterfield, Saddleback, and Toffee... I believe those are recommended pretty often, but SFBags is the only one I have experience with.

13. pkiula macrumors member

One doesn't have to be a woman to need things in a bag. Needs vary, of course, but one finds in a tropical urban environment one needs to have: business card holder, sun shades, eye drops, keychain holder, wallet (only geeks put theirs in their pant pockets), a notes diary with a leather bound case or maybe just an iPad if that's your thing, cables for computers, projector in the office, USB charger, a file or two with slide printouts sometimes, maybe a small sun tan lotion, certainly a small hand cream, and so on.

Small things add up. Or make the bag slovenly anyway.

Not sure how high is "high end" for you, but Dunhill, Zegna, etc, or the much lower-end Boss (overpriced) or Kenneth Cole, all have office bags that will carry an 11 inch MBA and all the other paraphernalia mentioned above without leaving too much room for much else. Get yourself a padded cover for MBA and the in-bag space will reduce further.

That ought to do it..

PS: Just because your computer is sleek, doesn't mean you show up to an office with a 10 inch briefcase. That just looks odd. Get used to carrying a grown-up office bag. If the computers and other gadgets inside it become smaller over the years, so be it. But you're not going to be carrying a man-purse just because technology shrank.