Price Advice 11" Base MacBook Air

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rileyx2, May 29, 2015.

1. Rileyx2 macrumors member

Seeking price advice on an 11" 1.4Ghz/4GB/128GB MacBook Air (Early 2014, MD711LL/B, MacBookAir6,1). Unit is in good condition with no cosmetic defects and the battery is around 120 cycles. I have the box, original receipt and a sleeve for it. Note: Applecare is not included although the buyer would have at least a month to purchase it.

Would $625 for the lot sound like a bargain?

2. martinm0 macrumors 6502a

I'd say $625 is a fair price, but not necessarily a bargain. The refurb store sells this model for $679 (plus tax). That's with a full 1 year warranty.

As a comparison, I picked up the 13" base model with Apple Care until Jan 2018 for $550. I think I got a stellar deal, but I would just caution you that $625 is probably the highest I'd recommend listing it for, and you should be prepared to go as low as $500 (if you're willing).

As always, check out eBay and look at their completed listings and see what prices others have sold for. Good luck!

3. robeddie Suspended

robeddie

I think a fair price for it would be $550. I've sold many a mac on craigslist and when I do, I always marvel at how people try to sell their 1-3 year old mac laptops at close the price I could get a brand spanking new one, with full warrantly. Who on earth would buy a two year old used laptop instead of a new one just to save $75?!?
    Now, I'm sure every once in a while, the seller gets lucky and finds that rare idiot who will buy for their price. But I notice most posts languish and then the seller reposts, with a lower price... then reposts again a while later, with an even lower price, etc.