11 Hours of waiting...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by avediswolf, Jun 25, 2010.

1. avediswolf macrumors regular

avediswolf

That has to be the longest I have ever waited on anything.
    I figured I'd get there at 5:AM, and be out by 9:AM. I was very wrong.

The scenery was nice, though. :)

At the beginning, they said my part of the line would be the cut off of when they probably run out, though 1 or 2 people jumped ship, I felt optimistic.

When they started handing out tickets, the people behind me got the last 16GB, but they still had a good number of 32s.

Glad I experienced it, but never again. Next time pre order.

2. gmikesell macrumors regular

I tried to preorder along with hundreds of thousands of other people

Just couldn't get it to go through. Felt lucky enough just to get a reservation! I had to wait 9 hours and that was bad enough! I can't imagine an 11 hour + wait for something I might not get. That would have been a terrible experience!

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Easier said than done, at least this time. I did get a pre order in but it was work, and 100% luck. I also had a backup reservation but would not have had the fortitude to wait in yesterdays unprecedented lines. Yesterdays line made the iPad launch look like kindergarten recess.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wow. I feel bad for those who waited so long. I had no reservation and only waited about 30 minutes at Apple Store.

5. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Yeah, or just WAIT. :D

6. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Wow. Howz that?

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just went to Apple Store and got on line. Line was mixed reservations and non and moved very quickly. They must have had 60 employees at the store. As you walked in, you were paired with an employee, they brought you phone and you selected your plans and paid. You could then wait to have it set up by a genius or leave. Very efficient.

8. ayale99 macrumors 6502

I feel ya man. I did 13hrs in line and came away with a 32gb. Glad I got it, but like you said...NEVER AGAIN.

Also, I did pre-order on the 15th...ATT Premiere screwed up my order. My only resort was to get in the line of death.

9. joefrank64k macrumors 6502

joefrank64k

I had an easy time today at the Apple Store in Pasadena, CA.

Got there at 4:15 am, they opened early at 6:15, started taking us in...paired up with an Apple employee...and I was out about 10 minutes later.

Great experience!

Can't wait for iPhone 5! :D