11 inch 2013 Macbook Air battery issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by drainbammage, Dec 18, 2013.

1. drainbammage macrumors newbie

I received my new 11 inch 2013 Macbook air a few days ago and when i charged it to 100% it only said 5 hours and 22 minutes of battery, isnt it suppose to have about 9 hours of battery? I have the screen on max brightness, keyboard backlight off and bluetooth off. And the OS is 10.8.4, is there a way to fix this or did i just get a defective unit?

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Up to 9 hours. meaning having the screen brightness low, no keyboard backlight, wifi and bluetooth off, etc.

3. Robyr macrumors regular

It should not be halved. The people who keep saying its usage based obviously have no idea just how bad this can get on Mavericks. Same usage patterns under ML result in 11 hours easy. Seriously, my usage habits didn't change between an upgrade, people.

4. drainbammage thread starter macrumors newbie

Do i have mavericks or mountain lion?

5. burnout8488 macrumors 6502a

You have Mountain Lion. (10.8, 10.9 is Mavericks)

Shouldn't this laptop have come preinstalled with Mavericks? Did you buy it new or used?

Regardless, just go to the app store and install Mavericks. Can't guarantee it will solve your problem but it can't hurt, and you'll probably gain some battery life.

6. mpantone macrumors 6502

Shouldn't matter. I have an 11" MacBook Air (mid 2013) and the battery life isn't radically different between the two operating systems.

7. drainbammage thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there really that much of a difference? I really dont want to be downloading 5 gigs, since i only have 128gbs, plus arent people saying mavericks has considerable less battery life?

8. Jedi Master macrumors regular

Click the apple upper left corner> about this> version if 10.8 update to 10.9.1

Click :apple: upper left corner> about this> version if 10.8 update to 10.9.1

Period...........
    :apple:
    :apple:
    GANGNAM STYLE

9. robvas macrumors 68020

Up to 9 hours. If you are running a bunch of stuff that uses the CPU, using the wireless or disk heavily, or have the brightness cranked, it's going to be substantially shorter.

10. drainbammage thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it a few days ago and all i use it for is internet browsing.