Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Just bought a 11" iPad Pro. Very happy with it so far. Really fast and the screen size is perfect! Thought about the 12.9 inch but thought it was to heavy to hold with one hand sometimes but rare.

IMG_0046.JPG

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Just bought a 11" iPad Pro. Very happy with it so far. Really fast and the screen size is perfect! Thought about the 12.9 inch but thought it was to heavy to hold with one hand sometimes but rare.

View attachment 2163901
I am sharing the excitement. Got an 256 GB 11" iPad Pro myself roughly 3 weeks ago, and it has been a joy to use. I use my Surface Pro 8 as my main productivity device, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. So I view my Surface as the productivity laptop and the iPad as the "fun" tablet that can handle a bit of productivity tasks as well.

Next week I'll be in a week long business trip, I plan to take nothing but the iPad with a Smart Keyboard Folio....first time doing that

Reactions: max2

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
iPad 11 Pro is the best iPad out there imo. You're gunna have a blast and it'll last FOREVER. Definitely give us a review when you've used it for a few weeks and that honeymoon period is over :D
OP, enjoy it! iPads and iOS devices’ longevity is only increasing, so like @BigMcGuire says, it’ll last a very long time!

Also, I agree, I have the 11-inch iPad Air 5 and its size is great!

teh_hunterer

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2021
I am sharing the excitement. Got an 256 GB 11" iPad Pro myself roughly 3 weeks ago, and it has been a joy to use. I use my Surface Pro 8 as my main productivity device, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. So I view my Surface as the productivity laptop and the iPad as the "fun" tablet that can handle a bit of productivity tasks as well.

Next week I'll be in a week long business trip, I plan to take nothing but the iPad with a Smart Keyboard Folio....first time doing that

Last year I spent two weeks in England, one week in Tasmania, half a week at Uluru, and two weeks in New Zealand, with my 11" iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard and it was a fantastic travel device. I didn't miss my MacBook really at all. On economy flights, I can't imagine much more than the 11" would fit on the tray table anyway.

Reactions: JCCL and max2

doolar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2019
Have you noticed any significant battery degradation? I would have thought mine would be beat up by now with as much as I use it.

My 2018 11” is starting to show degradation, Coconut reports 82% iirc. I’ll have the battery replaced once it goes below 80%.

I won’t replace it entirely until Apple releases an 11” iPad Pro with better screen tech. And it’s plenty fast still!

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado

Why Surface over iPad for work?

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Last year I spent two weeks in England, one week in Tasmania, half a week at Uluru, and two weeks in New Zealand, with my 11" iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard and it was a fantastic travel device. I didn't miss my MacBook really at all. On economy flights, I can't imagine much more than the 11" would fit on the tray table anyway.
True. Don’t use a laptop on a domestic flight. I use my Mini 6 often on flights.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Multitasking and windows management is still far better in Windows, Microsoft Office apps are far superior and more capable, as well as file management. Stage Manager is a confusing mess, compared to how Windows & MacOS have intuitively managed multiple windows and multitasking for years.
I agree that Windows MS Office is better than macs and one reason why most corporations use Windows for Office work.

jfried8

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2022
I love my 11 Pro M2 and I use Citrix for work and get all my Windows Apps including office - works flawlessly!

Reactions: roguefury

Rooster 🐓

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2021
Pushed by future HomeKit upgrades (when they’ve FixedKit 😂) which won’t work on my 2013 iPad Air 1 (yes it’s lasted a decade and still in fully working order), just picked up an Apple refurbished M1 11” iPad Pro to finally replace it for cheaper than the cost of a new Air, and couldn’t be happier.

Apart from the box saying refurbished, fully sealed and wrapped and looks like new, not a mark on it. Passes the new tech sniff test. For the price, really not bothered it’s not got an OLED panel (though will no doubt pick one of those up on day 1!). Can’t now unsee the 120hz pro motion display or go back.

It mainly sits in the kitchen on a stand for music, tv and my smart home controls, including cameras. It flies with slide over view and everything, and I’m most impressed with the speakers. My friends son now has my old air to play games on as a bonus.

Enjoy your M2 and the new hover over pencil feature it will be great for years. 🙂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.