Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Clark

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Canada
I just ordered the 11" iPad Pro and I was considering getting the Magic Keyboard but it's super expensive and it looks really small.
Does anybody here use it? If so, how is it in terms of typing comfort?

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
I have black and white (for my daughter). Typing is a bit cramped but not to the point of uncomfortable. I still can type as fast as on my MacBook. One thing to consider is do you really need the trackpad (which in my case was rarely used)? If not, you may want to consider Smart Keyboard Folio.

Last edited:

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I use the MK on a daily basis with my 11” IPP. For me, the typing feels quite natural and doesn’t feel cramped. I’m actually using it now to type out this reply. I also have medium sized hands. I imagine if you have larger hands, typing might be cramped.

Reactions: The Clark

The Clark

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Canada
It definitely feels a touch cramped but I just started using it so I’m hoping after a few days it will feel a little more familiar. The keys are awesome, super responsive and fun to type with, maybe even the best typing experience I’ve had on a mobile device including all of my MacBooks.

Reactions: KaliYoni

The Clark

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Canada
It already feels more natural, just took 30 minutes haha. Highly recommend!
IMG_2882.jpeg

Reactions: nburwell and kht410

Alameda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
I just ordered the 11" iPad Pro and I was considering getting the Magic Keyboard but it's super expensive and it looks really small.
Does anybody here use it? If so, how is it in terms of typing comfort?
I have no trouble typing with it. No complaints at all, except, of course, it is expensive. It adds a USB-C port, but this port is for charging only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.