11" MBA Apple logo glowing slightly purple?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by james4cet, Dec 21, 2010.

1. james4cet macrumors member

The glowing Apple Logo behind the screen seems to be glowing a slight purple colour, but mainly white. Is this normal due to the screen being so thin?

2. fswmacguy macrumors 6502

fswmacguy

The Apple logo's light runs on the screen's backlight. It's normal for it to be tinted a little bit. I think mine looks a little purple also.

You will not, however, see a "reflection" of colors on the screen. The LCD has a black backing on it, so light doesn't bleed through. See here. That's why, when the screen is turned off, you don't see light coming through the shape of the Apple logo. :D

Apple is usually extremely picky about accurate color recreation, even on their notebooks.

3. Wang Foolio macrumors regular

I just had flashbacks to the last 12 months worth of iMac hysteria. Good times :cool:

4. foiden macrumors 6502a

Seems quite normal to me. A lot of really white light looks a bit with a bluish slightly purplish hue because we're completely used to seeing white with a yellow filter and calling it white.

Something we call (the Sun), which of course, which makes us mostly use lights with at least a slight yellow tinge to them. However, the moment you grab one of those special long lasting coil lights (like for your room), and it's the pure white setting, watch as everything seems to look a bit more blue than you're used to.

Interestingly enough, that same slightly blue/purple look applies to backlit keyboards as well. Whenever you see that, you'll see that same kind of look to it.

5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

6. T4R06 macrumors 65816

pump-up your screen brightness to 100% and the logo will look pure white :)

7. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

I'd have to say that I think that there is still a little bit of a 'purple tint' even with the backlight on full power.