11" MBA - keyboard question and projector-via-USB question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by wineandcarbs, Feb 20, 2012.

1. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I currently use an MBP. I'm considering getting an 11" MBA for work purposes. Right now I take my MBP to work with me every day and while it is pretty portable, the 11" MBA is of course even more portable.

Some quick questions:

1) The keyboard on the 11" MBA isn't a full sized keyboard, right? Is it difficult to type quickly?

2) Right now I frequently connect my MBP to a projector. The projector I use, an Epson, has a "connect via USB" option - basically I plug the cord into the USB port on the MBP. If this works on my MBP, is there any reason it would not work via USB with the Air?

TIA! :)

(By the way, does anyone else use an Air as a complement to their MBP or desktop?)

2. Retops macrumors regular

I use my MBA 11 inch as my main traveling machine and that means almost daily since I work out of several different offices. I think the keyboard is full size, at least it seems so to me. I have typed lengthy documents on it without any problem at all.

I always connect my projector via the apple dongle and have never had access to one with a "connect via USB" option, but if it works on one Mac, I suspect it will work on any of them.

Once you see how quick and capable the 11 inch is, you'll be glad you bought it.

3. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the detailed response, Retops! Wasn't sure if the keyboard was full-size, but that's good to know. I don't have huge fingers/hands, but I do type a lot, so wanted to make sure I'd be able to do so. TY :)

4. jsolares macrumors 6502a

Most of the keys are full sized, i think only the top row is smaller (function keys)

5. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

1) The keyboard is the full size (not the f keys)
    2) it should work

you will love the 11". it is actually very powerful.

6. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. glen e macrumors 68030

I also present with the MBA and use both the vga and hdmi adapter depending on projector - works perfect....

8. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome, good to know. TY very much. :)