11" MBA running Photoshop, Premiere, Maya screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by locoroco, Aug 26, 2013.

1. locoroco macrumors newbie

locoroco

I am debating in getting an 11" or 13" MBA for school work. This will not be my primary computer. It is for taking to school & doing light design work.

I have visited the Apple stores to compare the screen sizes of the MBA next to each other, but they don't have Photoshop, Premiere or Maya installed so I cannot see the screen real estate for those apps.

Can anyone who has those apps installed please take a screen shot of the opened app so I can see how much can fit on the 11" and/or 13" MBA screen.

Much appreciated

2. Mikael macrumors regular

I can't help you with your request, but I can give you a tip:

You can test this on any computer monitor that supports 1366x768 (11") and 1440x900 (13"). Just set the resolution and you can work on it for a while to see if you're okay with it.

3. locoroco thread starter macrumors newbie

locoroco

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give that a try. It sounds better than judging off a screenshot.

4. Mikael macrumors regular

Yep, definitely. I actually did this myself when I was choosing between the MBA 11" and 13". I ended up with the 13". :)

5. Jpeppard macrumors newbie

I have a 13" Air 2013 model that I use for basic web browsing, word processing and watching videos. It works perfectly for those ends.

I would suggest looking into the Haswell Macbook Pros that should be releasing in september or october to get into a 15".

If the cost or wait time is a factor at least get the 13", I am positive you will quickly find yourself out of room, sometimes just photoshop alone on a 13" screen leaves me wanting for more space.

6. ryanmkelly macrumors newbie

I'm using Photoshop, Illustrator, Android Studio and many other programs at the moment on my 13".

It's super.

I've come down from a 21" iMac and I'm really happy with the space i get.

When I move into my new student place, I will have a external monitor, but taking into university, I'll be back onto the 13" screen.

7. .Pook. macrumors newbie

.Pook.

I would suggest you to get the 13" because people who bought the 11" know exactly what they are looking for, that is portability.

Plus, you are doing Photoshop. You will benefit from the 13" display and a larger screen estate.