11" MBA Waking Issues in Closed Lid Mode

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mtfbwy, Jun 2, 2011.

1. mtfbwy macrumors member

I got my wife a new 11" MacBook Air to replace her original, white 1.83ghz MacBook for Mother's Day. Her desk setup is the air in closed lid mode with an external 20" LCD, USB keyboard and BT mouse. This setup worked perfectly fine with the old MacBook but the Air has several issues.

First, the Air never wakes the monitor correctly You have to cycle power to the monitor every time. It's a generic, 5 year old 20" DVI monitor but there was never an issue with the old MacBook.

Every so many days, the Air won't wake up at all. You have to open it and reboot it. Again, no issues with the old Macbook.

Is this the dreaded wake from sleep problem I've read about? Would the air go into deep sleep mode when connected to power? Does this have anything to do with the closed lid?

I've read several remedies including a clean OS X reinstall, trashing some system preferences and disabling deep sleep. Just wondering if someone else has seen this and knows of a way to correct the issue.

2. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

There are a couple of things you can try. One the software update took care of some waking issues. I was on the phone with apple support yesterday and he walked through a couple of procedures. There were some other things he had do as well. I would just call apple support and have them walk you through the process. If that doesn't work, you have some other issues that need to be resolved or maybe you just to have them replace the AIr. At any rate it is worth the call. Your Mac air should run like a champ with no problems.