11" - Minimum brightness question

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by GekkePrutser, Feb 25, 2011.

1. GekkePrutser macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

I'm thinking of buying an 11" for its extreme portability, I even sold my MBP last week since I was hardly using it at all.

However I have one concern: I'm sensitive to very bright screens. Everywhere I go I have my screens set to the minimum (especially at night) otherwise I get big headaches.

Since I got an iPad this got much worse because the minimum brightness on the iPad is very high. It's much brighter at minimum brightness than the MBP and my iPhone. The MBP seemed to always go low enough.

I'm a bit worried now about the 11" since someone mentioned it was overly bright in another thread. I'm planning to order it online, and there's no shop nearby where I can see it in person (although I have played at an airport duty free shop)

Could anyone who has one tell me how the minimum brightness compares to the one on the iPhone and the iPad minimum settings?

2. Alfieg macrumors member

Mine scales about the same as my iPhone 4 if that helps? You will be absolutely fine.

3. Sheet macrumors member

4. GekkePrutser thread starter macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

Thanks for the replies! That resolves my last worry. I'm glad Apple kept the huge brightness range that the MBP had too (I'm still very surprised that the iPad is so bright at its lowest).

That leaves the 64 or 128 question but only my bank can help me out with that one :)