11" or 13".. I am insane. Someone help me.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by duelingdragons, Jun 10, 2013.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I just ordered a new 13" MBA and almost instantly after hitting purchase I had second thoughts.

I am upgrading from a Mid-2011 MBA (13"), and just chose 13" again without thinking twice.

Do you guys have a preference? I don't really travel often with it, just use it around the house, and I mainly just web browse and mess with photos, etc.

Thoughts? Help me off a ledge here.

2. mattferg macrumors 6502

I'd say the 13 is great then! Better resolution and battery life.

3. Freakyshiat macrumors regular

13. I started with a 11, got a 13, went back to 11, and now at 13 again. I am sticking with the 13 with the new one. The 'height' of the screen makes a difference to me, and 12 hour battery life would be super.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

U answered your own question.

Having used a 13" and if you don't have any complaint about it, I don't understand the hesitation.

5. smashie macrumors regular

I am leaning the other way but do love my 11". I currently have a 2012 11" and

love how portable it is. I am sometimes a little frustrated with the screen size

but mostly i find it fine. i am tempted to move over to the 13" but i do a lot of

travelling and that is where the 11" really comes into its own. So light to carry

and perfect on public transport

6. sofakng macrumors regular

I am having the same "problem" as you but I ordered an 11". (w/8GB and i7 CPU)

My primary usage is going to be couch-surfing and playing some smaller games on the couch and the 13" just seems too big on my lap. The 11" just seems more "fun" to pickup and play with. The 13" seems like a more professional "work" machine and less fun :)

However, if I was going to use this at a desk, and always at a desk, then I think the 13" is definitely better.

7. mj1108 macrumors 6502a