11 pages of apps!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kahnyl, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I'm looking to get an actual informed answer to the question of whether installing loads of apps slows down the phone.

Does anyone know from experience?

2. aicul macrumors 6502a

My 2 cents worth

I remember reading that OS v3 will allow you to return to the application you where using when you automatically switch to something else like a phone call.

This means that something stays in memory, which could - supposedly - slow down something.

However, the amount of installed applications (unlimited in OS v3 I understand) will only slow down spotlight..

3. Noumenon macrumors regular

Apps are not like processes running on a PC, they are stored in flash memory like a HD on a PC. So Apps would be no different than music stored in flash memory,.. so no it shouldn't slow down.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Download a ton of free apps and figure it out for yourself. That way you can devise your own test with worrying about the YMMV factor.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have heard that it does have an impact on the iPhone's performance, but have not experienced it first hand.

6. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

I have 11 pages and some apps after that wont show of course. I have a 3gs and I don't see any slow downs..........

maybe because I have a 3Gs phone?