11 Pro Cases with Kickstands

ckurt25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
Anyone have any recommendations for 11 Pro (5.8") cases with kickstands? I'm looking for ones that support both horizontal and vertical orientations. I ordered one off Amazon and I like the look but it feels a little bulky and the vertical orientation isn't as upright as I'd like it to be. I'd prefer the case to not include a screen protector. It would be nice if it supported wireless charging but it's not a requirement.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the OtterBox / Popsocket cases? Will it support vertical orientations?

Thanks in Advance!

Oh, the one I ordered - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X8P539J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

vidsmart

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2010
I ordered the ESR one with kickstand for both orientations. Very well reviewed for prior phones. I ordered it for the 11 Pro Max; was $20.99 yesterday when I ordered. Today $15.99 so I cancelled and re-purchase. Coming Weds

ckurt25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
I ordered the ESR one with kickstand for both orientations. Very well reviewed for prior phones. I ordered it for the 11 Pro Max; was $20.99 yesterday when I ordered. Today $15.99 so I cancelled and re-purchase. Coming Weds
I had that one with my XS Max to begin with but there were a few things I didn't like about it. First, the vertical orientation was a bit unstable as the stand in that orientation supports the phone with the corner of the stand. With the larger 6.5" phone it was easily knocked over. Maybe the 5.8" phones would do better. After time, the stand didn't close all of the way. If you look at reviews of that case for other phones I think it's a common issue. Not a huge problem but annoying after a while. Finally, like many clear cases (not sure if you got clear or a colored version), mine discolored after a while.

It's a much slimmer case than many other kickstand cases available and not a bad option, but having owned it in the past it wouldn't be my first choice today.

vidsmart

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2010
I had that one with my XS Max to begin with but there were a few things I didn't like about it. First, the vertical orientation was a bit unstable as the stand in that orientation supports the phone with the corner of the stand. With the larger 6.5" phone it was easily knocked over. Maybe the 5.8" phones would do better. After time, the stand didn't close all of the way. If you look at reviews of that case for other phones I think it's a common issue. Not a huge problem but annoying after a while. Finally, like many clear cases (not sure if you got clear or a colored version), mine discolored after a while.

It's a much slimmer case than many other kickstand cases available and not a bad option, but having owned it in the past it wouldn't be my first choice today.
Thx for your input. I did get clear. Funny thing is that I always get a clear kickstand case but hardly ever end up using the kickstand--although it has always been horizontal only. Perhaps I will change with this one given the vertical orientation, although your mixed review is not all that promising. Thx!