iPhone 11 Pro 11 Pro Max Camera Issues?

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Anyone else having random issues with their camera??

For example, I start the camera and sometimes there is a few second delay with a black screen until the camera finally initialises.
Today I had an instance where I took an image using the zoomed in camera and went into Photos afterwards to find the image hadn't even been taken (first time this has happened). Fortunately it wasn't important and I just retook the image.

Most of the time the camera is fine, but these issues have never happened with previous devices. Quite sure it is a software issue, more so since the last update, but its making me question the reliability of my camera!

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Sometimes get a slight delay when starting the camera, though that’s generally when it’s kicking night-mode into action straight away. Other than that I’ve got no issues with it - though I am on the 13.3 beta now. The background issues on 13.2 were driving me crazy.

Txguy82

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2016
Sometimes get a slight delay when starting the camera, though that’s generally when it’s kicking night-mode into action straight away. Other than that I’ve got no issues with it - though I am on the 13.3 beta now. The background issues on 13.2 were driving me crazy.
I have the same issue with the delay opening up the camera.

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Havent had any others issues arise again, so the image that wasn't taken seems like a one-off, but hope they fix the delay when launching the camera!

Only happens occasionally, but I just know it will happen when I'm in a rush to get a shot before I miss it!

Rodneyp

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2019
I have had the black screen delay that took 5+ seconds to load I was trying to grab a group shot that was being posed at the last min. It has only done it that long once.

Reactions: Ifti