Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

101740-apple_store_down.jpg

With Apple's media event scheduled to kick off in under three hours, Apple has taken its online stores around the world offline. The change is standard operating procedure for Apple ahead of major events and new product releases.

102647-dgtle_ipad_1.jpg

The primary focus of today's media event is expected to be the second-generation iPad, a new set of photos of a mockup have been spotted by M.I.C gadget and getting some attention today.

102647-dgtle_ipad_2.jpg

While the device is a physical mockup, it is said to have been based on the actual design of the second-generation iPad, which has been floating around amongst case manufacturers for some time and yielding increasingly-detailed mockups such as this one.

101740-ipad_2_amazon_500.jpg

In addition, Your Daily Apple claims that a listing for the second-generation iPad briefly appeared on Amazon's German site, listing a 1.2 GHz processor, camera, Thunderbolt connectivity, and an on-sale date of March 17th. We do not, however, necessarily believe this to be accurate inside information.

Beyond the new iPad, Apple has been rumored to be previewing iOS 5 and revamping MobileMe. Last minute hints of a social-focused MobileMe revamp include claims of some sort of 'social' app for iOS devices, and trademark filings for "Places" and now a "stylized speech bubbles" icon in the area of social networking.

Books from publisher Random House also began appearing in the iBookstore for the first time earlier today, and Apple may offer some discussion of the addition.

Article Link: Apple Online Store Down Ahead of Today's Media Event

Samuriajackon

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Gonna laugh if this is just about a new Genius iTunes promo...

Last edited by a moderator:

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Don't count on a free MobileMe. I just got a invoice this morning from Apple for my renewal and a separate email thanking me for renewing MobileMe.

Intarweb

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2007
Those mock-ups look awfully thick. They can't be close to the proper thickness of the iPad 2.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
Can't say that I agree w/ the "new" design that has been mocked up. I like the current version much more. The bottom looks sloppy on the rumored iPad 2.

Twizz91

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2010
Amazon.de is correct.
They already deleted the info on their webshop.

Also note that 3g is implemented on the 499 version!

websterba

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2011
Does anyone know if Apple is going to live-stream this event like they have for the last couple of events?

they usually post something on their homepage indicating that they will stream live and I haven't seen anything yet. I guess just keep watching the page.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Last week has gone by so slow, let alone the last 12 hours! Ahhh less than 150 minutes!

hallaisen

macrumors regular
May 28, 2006
when can we expect the apple store to be back up? i messed up and booked a massage for 1:45 and now im scared ill be way back in the preorder line lol.
eastern time...so 10:45 apple time :D

Twizz91

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.