Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redandrussian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Various
This going to come? I love my Keyboard but it is so annoying when using spreadsheets not to have the numberpad version. :(

mulo

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2010
Behind you
while i doubt its going to be released form apple, there is a numpad you can clip on to your apple wireless keyboard. it looks very flush and afaik works flawlessly

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
This has bothered me every since I got a new Mac back in 2009. I must have the numerical keypad for my uses, I love the Apple keyboard but I hate that cord. I serious am disappointed in this, I would pay extra money for this.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I feel your pain. I want the same thing.

The add-on keypads don't really do it for me no matter how nicely they integrate. It's not the same as a full size keyboard. Sure you get the numpad, but you still don't have proper cursor keys and 6-key pad above the cursors.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
One alternative is to use the Cropmark LMP Bluetooth Keypad
ScreenCap 25.png

rtheb

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008

Here is a good video review of the Cropmark LMP Bluetooth Keypad Review for Mac and PC (Would Be Ugly Though)

The Cropmark Keypad doesn't appear to be the desired solution from an aesthetic or functional standpoint.

I still use my white 109 key Bluetooth keyboard

awk04.jpg

The old white Bluetooth keyboard is pretty heavy in comparison to the new wireless keyboard but it still eliminates the USB cable.

Michael383

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2011
I don't understand why Apple doesn't produce a wireless version of the number pad keyboard.

holadihey

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2014
Adelaide
With four extra rows, or three??? what the big problem, why doesnt Apple solve this?

Attachments

• 4extrarows(1).jpg
    4extrarows(1).jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 1,756
  • CCI31032014.jpg
    CCI31032014.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 380

theluggage

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2011
I don't understand why Apple doesn't produce a wireless version of the number pad keyboard.

...because they don't want to make too many permutations (keypad/no keypad/wireless/no wireless) and they've chosen the two sensible options: the more portable mini- keyboard is comfortable to pick up with one hand and makes more sense as a wireless device. If you want the full-size keyboard (not comfortable to pick up with one hand) you're probably using it on a desk and having a wire isn't going to kill you.

Its nicer not to have batteries to change, there's no problem with boot options (BootCamp, rescue partition etc.) and the USB hub in the wired keyboard is useful (just right for a micro-transmitter for a wireless mouse - and there's a reason for not wanting a trailing wire on a mouse).

If you don't like the choice Apple have made for you then there are third party options (The logitech solar keyboard looks great - but my wired keyboard works without batteries too!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.