Full size Apple Wireless Keyboard with numberpad?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by redandrussian, Apr 26, 2011.

1. redandrussian macrumors newbie

This going to come? I love my Keyboard but it is so annoying when using spreadsheets not to have the numberpad version. :(

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

while i doubt its going to be released form apple, there is a numpad you can clip on to your apple wireless keyboard. it looks very flush and afaik works flawlessly

3. CMelton macrumors regular

CMelton

4. redandrussian thread starter macrumors newbie

LMP looks like a solution

Thanks for the pointers folks

5. olafurjon92 macrumors newbie

6. SolarJ macrumors newbie

I feel your frustration!! How hard would it be? Right. I mean the wireless keyboard is outstanding. Why can't Apple make a full size version?:mad::mad::mad:

7. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

This has bothered me every since I got a new Mac back in 2009. I must have the numerical keypad for my uses, I love the Apple keyboard but I hate that cord. I serious am disappointed in this, I would pay extra money for this.

8. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I feel your pain. I want the same thing.

The add-on keypads don't really do it for me no matter how nicely they integrate. It's not the same as a full size keyboard. Sure you get the numpad, but you still don't have proper cursor keys and 6-key pad above the cursors.

9. simsaladimbamba

10. shenfrey macrumors 68000

you still here.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

12. simsaladimbamba

Of course. I missed you too. Wanna grab a can of bad spinach?

13. rtheb macrumors 6502

Here is a good video review of the Cropmark LMP Bluetooth Keypad Review for Mac and PC (Would Be Ugly Though)

The Cropmark Keypad doesn't appear to be the desired solution from an aesthetic or functional standpoint.

I still use my white 109 key Bluetooth keyboard

[​IMG]

The old white Bluetooth keyboard is pretty heavy in comparison to the new wireless keyboard but it still eliminates the USB cable.

14. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

I don't understand why Apple doesn't produce a wireless version of the number pad keyboard.

15. holadihey macrumors newbie

holadihey

With four extra rows, or three??? what the big problem, why doesnt Apple solve this?

Attached Files:

16. Marty62 macrumors 6502

17. theluggage macrumors 68030

...because they don't want to make too many permutations (keypad/no keypad/wireless/no wireless) and they've chosen the two sensible options: the more portable mini- keyboard is comfortable to pick up with one hand and makes more sense as a wireless device. If you want the full-size keyboard (not comfortable to pick up with one hand) you're probably using it on a desk and having a wire isn't going to kill you.

Its nicer not to have batteries to change, there's no problem with boot options (BootCamp, rescue partition etc.) and the USB hub in the wired keyboard is useful (just right for a micro-transmitter for a wireless mouse - and there's a reason for not wanting a trailing wire on a mouse).

If you don't like the choice Apple have made for you then there are third party options (The logitech solar keyboard looks great - but my wired keyboard works without batteries too!)