11k+ photo's

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Jhingha, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Jhingha macrumors regular

Jhingha

I've remember a calculation in the past how long it would take to analyse a certain amount of photos..
    When I wake up tomorrow, Will all these photo's be analysed and ready for tagging?

2. Andrew.s macrumors regular

Andrew.s

If you're talking about the People Album and you leave it be for a bit I'd even say it can finish the scan today. It's already scanned 3,000 of my 8,000 photos.

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I wonder if this is what's causing my 6S Plus to be so hot after the update, it's definitely doing something in the background.

4. Andrew.s macrumors regular

Andrew.s

It's likely. It will only be running in the background when the device is locked and plugged into the charger. And depending on how long ago you updated there can be a number of things running in the background for a bit.

5. Razeus macrumors 603

6. Sukach macrumors regular

It's a pain, but I still regularly remove photos from my phone and my wife's phone. We keep all our photos in a shared Photo Stream and remove the originals from our devices to save space.

I still wish Apple would extend some of the functionality they've added to Photos to the Shared Photo Streams (like Memories and face/object recognition). I have probably 15,000+ photos combined in all my shared photo streams.