12.2 Beta all photos I send to people are blurry

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by derek916, Mar 12, 2019.

1. derek916 macrumors member

Hello everyone, all versions of 12.2 I’ve been on are sending pictures and videos in horrible quality to people. I’ve gone through all settings but can’t seem to figure it out. I’m on AT&T showing 5GE and nothing else has changed. Anyone experiencing this same issue ?

2. Minorite macrumors 6502

Minorite

Have they confirmed that photos are indeed bad quality and this is not just how they are displayed on your side? Also, what photos do you send? Any chance you have iCloud Photo library ON and there's no full-res version of these photos?

3. derek916 thread starter macrumors member

what’s odd is they look fine from my side and on the recipient side it’s very blurry and you can’t even zoom in on the photo

4. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

Have you checked your iMessages settings: Settings-->iMessages-->Low Quality Image Mode is set to OFF?

5. derek916 thread starter macrumors member

Yep, all settings appear normal ... this is driving me crazy because I’m usually fairly tech savvy

6. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

Weird. I just sent a photo to my girl and it looks fine in her iMessages. I'm running 12.2b5 and she's on 12.1.4.

7. derek916 thread starter macrumors member

Ok I’ve narrowed it down now that WiFi sends clear and cellular does not

8. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

Interesting. I would not have guessed that iOS would down-rez over cellular vs. Wi-Fi automatically.

9. Topher227 macrumors regular

You also didn't specify if these were iMessages (blue) vs SMS (green).

You could try resetting all settings, perhaps you have something enabled somewhere, which shouldn't.
    With that said, I can't think of anything (short of the low quality toggle) which could be enabled.

Maybe AT&T's "5Ge" is "faster" because they compress the hell out of everything :D /s

10. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Wouldn't surprise me. As far as I know AT&T still nannies the text messages so you can't group chat to more than 9/10 people. Bonus - It doesn't tell you that is why the message send failed. I had to call and talk to tech support for that.

11. Minorite macrumors 6502

Minorite

iCloud downloads stuff on Wi-Fi and not cell data, so could be indeed thumbnails instead of full-res photos. Sure it's not the case?