iPad 12.9 inch Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Matheew944, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Matheew944 macrumors regular

Will Ipad Pro or Plus release April this year?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

3. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

I sure hope so. But if they do, they better not just make it a bigger iPad. They should probably aim to make it more of laptop replacement, and make it more 'Pro' and not just 'Plus'. That said, I am still for a big screen, I think that would be awesome, but they would have to make up for it with good processing power.

4. Nee412 macrumors 6502

I think we will see a larger iPad in 2015, but not in April. Possibly at WWDC, or more likely in October with the other iPads.

5. 007p macrumors 6502a

Yes, April 1st 2015.

They are going to release the Apple watch, Skylake retina MacBook Air, A9 iPad Air Plus and an A9X iPad Pro.

Going to be an expensive day.

6. imaccooper macrumors regular

imaccooper

You forgot to mention that they will probably change the release of their new electric car to that day instead of the original 2020 release date. I also think they will probably release a brand new 4k apple tv.

Going to be a great April 1st.

7. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Can't wait for April 1st release date!

I'm going to get the pure gold Apple Watch Air, filled with helium. The lightest watch on the planet!

8. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

Make sure you don't have too much helium ;) You'll probably lose it quite easily

9. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

I hope it won't be a joke. :rolleyes:

10. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

You forgot to mention the 17" MacBook Pro Retina & 32" 5K Thunderbolt Display. Can't wait!!!

11. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

Jokes aside, that Display is coming :)
    People need it for their 5K iMac & Mac Pro and Apple knows this.

12. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I think it will come later this year.

I'm hoping for a quad-core A9X at 1.8Ghz, 4GB ram, 12 hour battery life, 11" 300 ppi display that can be color calibrated, pressure sensitivity for drawing, split screen multitasking and sizes that come in 64, 128 and 256GB for $799, $899, and $999.

What we'll probably get: tri-core A9X at 1.6Ghz, 2GB ram, 12 hour battery life, 12" 240-ish ppi display with no calibration which makes it less useful for designers and photographers and sizes that come in 32, 64 and 128GB for $699, $799, and $899. Pressure sensitivity is up in the air—makes sense for a pro device but we'll probably just get split screen multitasking.

I also hope Apple releases their own keyboard smart cover/case, and some ability to do gestures such as scrolling and switching apps with a magic trackpad type input bar.

13. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

With the Apple Watch having pressure sensitivity and the 6S rumored to gaining that feature, I wouldn't be surprised if the iPad Pro has it when it is released in October.

14. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

What I don't understand about Force Touch is how accurate it really is for varying degrees of pressure. Can it tell a light press from a medium press from a hard press? Or can it just tell a press from an old school multi-touch tap? Could it really be used for drawing, which typically requires 500-2000 levels of sensitivity? And across large touch screens like the iPad, could the pressure sensors along the edge of the frame accurately detect pressure near the center of a larger display, given the flexibility of glass?

I remember years ago there was an Apple patent for a touch screen that had these little nano tube like structures. As you press, the micro cylinders compress, and the more the edges of the cylinders touch themselves, the level of pressure can be detected through electronic signaling. I think something like that would make more sense for an iPad—but again—I don't fully understand Force Touch. Or they could just implement Wacom tech as most creatives are used to using their tablets anyway. The Surface uses something kind of Wacom tech.