iPad 12.9" iPad...iPad Air Plus?

dan-K

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Hi guys!

Just wanted your thoughts on this guys. Apple introduced the 'Plus' label with the new iPhone line up as well all know.

I think there's a good chance that in the next few months, when the iPad line is refreshed, we will get an iPad Air and an iPad Air Plus to signify the larger screen size.

What do you think?

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
A 12.9" iPad Air Plus. Hmm, that sounds more like an iPad Air-Bus, no thanks.

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto
Ok if we want to be pedantic RE-introduced. For general mainstream users the 'Plus' label would be entirely new to them.
I never knew the Apples II and MAC were not for mainstream users. Anyways it does not matter, iPad Air Plus sounds stupid and will never happen.

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto
People said the same thing about an 8 inch ipad and a 5.5 inch iphone
The iPad AIR Plus will never happen, Just like the 27" iMac Air Plus will never happen, nor the Mac Mini air plus. Why? Because they are stupid Names?

Will there be a larger iPad? Most probably.

miketheappleguy

macrumors regular
May 18, 2014
The iPad AIR Plus will never happen, Just like the 27" iMac Air Plus will never happen, nor the Mac Mini air plus. Why? Because they are stupid Names?

Will there be a larger iPad? Most probably.
You are with the same group that said the iwatch, ipad mini, and apple phablets would never happen. Forgive me if I take your opinion with a grain of salt.

Sixcranker

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
Hi guys!

Just wanted your thoughts on this guys. Apple introduced the 'Plus' label with the new iPhone line up as well all know.

I think there's a good chance that in the next few months, when the iPad line is refreshed, we will get an iPad Air and an iPad Air Plus to signify the larger screen size.

What do you think?
Call it the iPAP? :D

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto
You are with the same group that said the iwatch, ipad mini, and apple phablets would never happen. Forgive me if I take your opinion with a grain of salt.
There is no apple iwatch nor apple phablet so forgive me if I think you are mentally compromised.

I already said there will probably be a larger iPad, I just don't think they will call it the iPad AIR plus.

As for the Apple watch, I never said it would not come out. I was praying for the iPad mini to come out and it did. The iPhone 6 and 6 plus were also givens, i'm just surprised it took so long.

Notice this thread is about the potential name for an iPad larger than the iPad air.

miketheappleguy

macrumors regular
May 18, 2014
There is no apple iwatch nor apple phablet so forgive me if I think you are mentally compromised.

I already said there will probably be a larger iPad, I just don't think they will call it the iPad AIR plus.

As for the Apple watch, I never said it would not come out. I was praying for the iPad mini to come out and it did. The iPhone 6 and 6 plus were also givens, i'm just surprised it took so long.

Notice this thread is about the potential name for an iPad larger than the iPad air.
Oh god Iwatch, apple watch is what makes me mentally compromised? You lost the argument from the beginning and now you're throwing terrible insults around. Now if you're going to sling around insults forgive me if I don't respond again to your childish posts

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto
Oh god Iwatch, apple watch is what makes me mentally compromised? You lost the argument from the beginning and now you're throwing terrible insults around. Now if you're going to sling around insults forgive me if I don't respond again to your childish posts
Nope. I feel so, because when I said I did not think a bigger iPad would be called the iPad Air Plus, you accused me of being a denier of the iPad mini, iwatch, and phablets. Not the names of the products but there existance. I never denied a larger ipad , nor the Mini, nor larger iphones and the watch.

You mentioning the iWatch was just bonus irony considering I'm making a prediction of the NAME of a future product and you can't even get the name of previous products.

Your inability to understand this difference leads me to believe you may be compromised

Last edited:

miketheappleguy

macrumors regular
May 18, 2014
Nope. I feel so, because when I said I did not think a bigger iPad would be called the iPad Air Plus, you accused me of being a denier of the iPad mini, iwatch, and phablets. Not the names of the products but there existance. I never denied a larger ipad , nor the Mini, nor larger iphones and the watch.

You mentioning the iWatch was just bonus irony considering I'm making a prediction of the NAME of a future product and you can't even get the name of previous products.

Your inability to understand this difference leads me to believe you may be compromised
Wrong. It's the backwards inept thinking of people like you I said that keep denying that these things that are strongly being rumored to become reality will never exist. That's what I said. There is no reason with what apple has done lately with the apple watch, smaller ipad, and larger phones, in which they said they'd never do (except for the apple watch) to believe they wouldn't also be going larger with their ipad. Especially since The note pro and specifically the Surface pro 3, have shown an unsurprisingly (in my opinion) amount of success. You calling me mentally compromised because I called the apple watch the Iwatch, and attacking me for it (something only fanboys would do) is incredibly childish and shows a lack of intelligence in itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.