12.9" iPad Pro International vs US versions?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Young_OT, May 2, 2016.

1. Young_OT macrumors newbie

Young_OT

I received a 12.9" 32GB Gold iPad Pro today in the mail in which I purchased from ebay. Prior to opening it, I checked the model number and it is different from the US version of the iPad:

12.9" 32GB Gold iPad Pro (US version) = ML0H2LL/A

12.9" 32GB Gold iPad Pro (International version) = ML0H2CL/A

Does anyone happen to know if there is any differences at all between the two versions of the iPad Pro (i.e. different chargers, different hardware, different stock software)?

2. Young_OT thread starter macrumors newbie

Young_OT

3. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

Not definitively... But typically LTE radio frequencies may vary and the Apple sim card would be absent.

4. Young_OT thread starter macrumors newbie

Young_OT

Thank you! This is the non-cellular wifi version. I may just return it to the seller based on the fact that it is the international version and could run into issues later.

5. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

I wouldn't personally? I'm used to people buying idevices imported from all over the place and none of them have had problems with updates etc.

6. Young_OT thread starter macrumors newbie

Young_OT

I think I may return it because I talked to apple live chat support right now and they said "The only difference may be the charging cables, different hardware" and that it may run off of a different chip depending on where it was sold and manufactured.

7. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

The mains charger socket part *might* be different but the USB cables themselves shouldn't be? I've used friends iPhones from mainland China, Hong Kong, Europe.. UK (where I live) They've all been the same other than the cellular/sim stuff, but that doesn't really matter if it's a wifi only model. The hardware that matters is identical.

I can understand why you might want to return it though, but i don't think it'd ever cause problems. Someone with more import iPad experience could probably put your mind at rest.

Apple will still service the apple devices from around the world if you take them to an Apple Store too, so if it was a good deal I'd enjoy it. :)

8. ielessar macrumors regular

There aren't any differences. They only difference maybe the power plug that goes into the wall. Depending on where that iPad was originally sold in. Other than that, its the same since it is a Wi-Fi version.

9. Leo90 macrumors 6502

I would keep if I were you. If you have a chance to test a different power adapter on your american iPad you will see there wont be any issue. Besides, I am pretty sure Apple international warranty covers any iPad world wide.

10. cargobrian macrumors member

cargobrian