12.9 iPad Pro Smart Keyboard issues

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Kanders78, May 18, 2019.

1. Kanders78 macrumors member

hey I have had my iPad for several months now and it showed a lot of wear and tear early on on the Smart Keyboard where I am holding it. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Attached Files:

2. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

This is a known issue lots have experienced. Mines doing this as well. Some have said Apple will replace while others have said Apple refuses to replace as its cosmetic wear. But I think this issue has everything to do with Apple and lack of quality on this item.

3. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

I had the very same issue. my local Apple Store replaced it. I do have Apple Care. I don’t know if that had anything to do with it.

4. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

has anyone without Apple Care gotten it replaced? If so, was it difficult to get it replaced?

5. Kanders78 thread starter macrumors member

Man I have apple care and took it to the apple store and they wouldn’t replace it.

6. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

What reasoning did they give you?

7. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

I’d call The company. Maybe they know more about the issue than the store.

8. Kanders78 thread starter macrumors member

They said it would be out of warranty repair.

9. CookieMuncher macrumors newbie

CookieMuncher

Try using a hairdryer on the effected area make sure its not too hot. Then place it on a flat table and put a heavy book on top of the folio and leave it for a few hours to cool down.

I did the same when i used slickwraps skin on my folio. When i removed the skin it pealed the silicone of the hard case and left a bubble shape around that area. I heated the silicone up and placed it on my table with a heavy book on top. The winking went away but i could still see a faint outline of the bubble shape.

10. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

So, how wide spread is this issue, actually? I see a few threads on it, but nothing has really blown up. I see that Apple is replacing some, while telling others to take a hike. I need to take mine in for my 11 inch iPad Pro and report back, I just haven't had the time yet.

11. MacDevil7334 macrumors 65816

MacDevil7334

Got this on my smart folio where I hold it. Apple has clearly cheaped out on the material on these cases with the new pros. None of the polyurethane smart covers I had with previous iPads ever had this issue. Pretty galling when you consider Apple also jacked up the prices with this generation.