$12 Alcantara iPad 2 case...good?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by csims, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Dark macrumors regular

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

FWIW they have similar neoprene cases @ Target. Look in the laptop case section. It's intended as a netbook case, but obviously the case doesn't know you are putting an iPad inside.

3. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I actually have one of those with a strap for my netbook (it looks exactly like that and is the same brand but it might be different)...

I can't comment on size for that but I know the one I got for my netbook fits really well and I can stick the cables and stuff in the zipper part on the front. I have had it for over a year and it is doesn't have any wearing or anything. I mean I don't use it much but the quality is good...especially for only $12.

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

5. Maaz macrumors 6502a

I'm really thinking about getting this. I just really like the material inside my incase sleeve though.

6. Maaz macrumors 6502a

I'm looking at this case on case crowns site and the dimensions state. 11 x 8 x 1 inches. Isn't this not slim fit for the iPad 2?

7. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Just recieved my CaseCrown Protective Faux Suede Zip Sleeve Case (Navy Blue) to Protect the Apple iPad 2 (Newest Version) from amazon, and it is amazing. Here is the short impression I posted on amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QEI1R0/ref=cm_cr_thx_view
    I've seen other reviews for this sleeve for the iPad 1. But I think they might have changed this sleeve for the iPad 2 since there is only half an inch space on one side of the iPad inside. And only an inch space on the top. The inside is well protected from the zippers by two flaps that prevent the zipper from making contact with the iPad. The pocket on the outside perfectly holds my HDMI to iPad connector cable, and an extra USB cable for emergency syncs. The seude also feels very very nice on the outside of the case and it is just a very nice case overall. I got it for $12 and I'm considering buying another just because of how cheap and good it is. Only thing I'm alittle disappointed about it the fact that I also wanted the outer pocket to be able to hold my iPad charger so I would have everything in this one case, however it is able to fit in the pocket, it bulges out and looks very weird so that's not a fault of the case, more of how bulky apple makes it's charger. But other than that it is an amazing case and I say you should buy 2! *Fits the iPad 2 very nicely.

8. fujitsu macrumors member

Thanks for the review. Good thing even though the dimensions are not slim fit for the 2nd gen iPad, your $12 is worth it. :)