12 days of Christmas App (UK)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by morty192, Dec 14, 2012.

1. morty192 macrumors regular

Apple sprung a nice surprise and today released an little extra goodie in the form of a rod stewart video for his new Christmas album...make sure to download today and take full advantage of free goodies :)

2. Zedcars macrumors 6502

Zedcars

If someone gave me a Rod Stewart DVD for Christmas I think I'd have a hard time feigning delight and gratitude!

3. Nermal, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012

Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Just got today's free gift; two Maroon 5 songs (Moves Like Jagger, One More Night) and a behind-the-scenes video. I don't know whether the gifts are the same worldwide.

Edit: They're remixes.

4. forum user macrumors regular

5. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

Canadian version says the same, but WTF it says not available in the canadian store?!?!

Come on Apple, can't you do anything right anymore?!?!

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

7. Jsameds macrumors 68030

Which was already free on the App Store..

[​IMG]

8. weckart macrumors 68040

Yesterday a Maroon 5 EP

Today: Episode 'A study in pink' from Sherlock (UK, FR, DE, CA); Geomaster 2 (ITA, DK, NL, BE, SWD, RU); Frogman Movie (JPN)

9. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

When I went to download the 12 days gift through iTunes on my Mac I got the Sherlock episode, but when I went through the app on my iPad I got Geomaster.....wtf? (I'm in the UK btw)

10. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It's a bit rubbish so far. The past few years we got Trivial Pursuit, SoundHound ∞, Snapseed, and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. None of this educational junk (it's like getting coal, haha).

11. vodkaPT macrumors member

I'm getting similar problems, and the book that is "free" today, for me is not.

The Sherlock episode I get a error saying that is not available in portuguese app store.

Probably this is my problem, the app don't take in consideration the country of the app store that you are connected, creating this awkward moment.

12. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

I'm so confused! Both my iPad and my Mac are connected to the UK app store and haven't ever been connected to any other, I just get a different gift on each. Same happened today - I got the book on my Mac and the Chuggington app on my iPad. I can download both without any issues. Shouldn't complain, I'm getting two free gifts a day instead of one!

13. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Which is why you create an US Store account to grab the stuff that Timmy doesn't wantcha to have.

Anyway, for some stupid reason I was genuinely excited (hahahaha) to see this app come alive but then after the first, second, third days.. I'm like "bah, bullcrap".

Today is Traintastic Adventures, I think it was nominated to best videogame in history of human kind, but I'll pass anyway.

You are right, there is a book today by some guy Harris if you use Mac's iTunes.
    My GOD what precious golden gifts did I miss the previous days!!!!