12 Days of Christmas App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by standingquiet, Dec 27, 2010.

1. standingquiet macrumors 6502

standingquiet

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've never heard of that app. I guess that's because it's not on the USA store, like you said. 'Tis a shame.

3. standingquiet thread starter macrumors 6502

standingquiet

Yeah its a good little app and adds a bit of excitement to your day waiting to see what you get lol

Yesterday we got Cheryl Coles - Promise This EP with Music video and today Father Ted's Christmas Special TV Show.

4. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

I think it wad a limited time download... I am a sucker for free apps that may end up disappearing so I downloaded it straight away, lol.

I dont think it will hold much promise though judging from the first few downloads, well at least not in to my tastes.

5. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

The App isn't needed for the offer, you can download the free items directly from http://www.itunes12daysofchristmas.co.uk/ . (This is helpful if you don't own an iPhone/iPod touch/iPad).

The offer isn't available in the US though.

6. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Day 2's present was brilliant, its the only episode missing from my Father Ted collection.:D

7. Delexo macrumors member

Delexo

Day 3's gift is Duran Duran's EP, From Mediterranea With Love.

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone know the intro music for the app? Sounds familliar an sending me doolally trying to figure the tune out lol

9. standingquiet thread starter macrumors 6502

standingquiet

Yeah i didn't bother downloading today's LOL

10. JimmyR macrumors newbie

Stuck on day 3 ... Duran Duran

Anybody else having this problem ?

My iPhone is still (today 29th) only coming up with the Duran Duran (28th) App ... even though I've already downloaded it (and it recognises that fact). I've tried rebooting etc but to no avail. My iPad is working fine using the same downloaded version of the 12 Days App. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling as I'm not at home so just wanted to check if it's just me that has been singled out for this "special treatment" ! I've searched online and cannot see anybody else with the same problem at the moment.

I wonder if it was anything to do with the 12 Days App update I downloaded yesterday ...

11. OllyW, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010

OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I had the push notification about today's download (Fishing Kings) about an hour ago. It downloaded ok from the 12 Days app, which I also updated yesterday.

12. JimmyR macrumors newbie

Yes, I got the push notification this morning but it still reverts to Duran Duran (they were never the same after The Reflex !). I guess I'll wait until tonight and try taking the app off and downloading it again. Things just sometimes go wrong !

13. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You could always download it to iTunes from this page if the app doesn't work.

14. JimmyR macrumors newbie

Many thanks Olly - I'll give it a try when I get home.

15. jamied95 macrumors 6502

The promotion is abysmal. Cheryl Cole? Father Ted? A Fishing Game? The Life of Pi? Really? Come on! Let's have something worthwhile, maybe a special edition or something?

16. kimberleyallen macrumors newbie

12 days of Christmas UK

I am having problems getting the 12 Days of Christmas App to work on my iphone. Everytime I click on the free download the window just disappears. So far I haven't managed to download any of the free gifts. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but to no avail. I've ended up downloading todays gift through iTunes, but have missed those released so far. Anyone know of where I can download what I've missed?