12 hour charge to 18%

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kronikpuff, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Kronikpuff macrumors newbie

Ive got the wall charger, that originally came with the ipad with the charger that doesnt have to be squeezed to be unplugged from the ipad...it usually takes 15-24 hours for it to charge to 80%....wifi off, brightness all the wY down....anyone go any suggestions

2. LanEvo macrumors 6502

That's a long time, takes about 6hrs from 3% to 100% for me on original charger and the generic wall outlet to USB.

3. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

6 hours? Mine takes about 3-4 hours from 0-100%...

@Kronikpuff
    Try another charger. If this doesn't help to increase the charging time, you'll have to visit an apple store, because this isn't normal ;)

4. Kronikpuff thread starter macrumors newbie

Lan and cool thanks for the help, yeah it was the POS charger tha came with the ipad, i started using the connector that came with my ipod years ago and it charged it from 1-100 in 7 hours.:D

5. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

Apple will gladly sell you the 10 watt charger that the iPad comes with separately. Best Buy or an Apple store or online.

6. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

sometimes (on my mac at least) if the magsafe isn't plugged in correctly, or the power cable is not connected correctly, you will get very little charge if anything.