Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Hey.

So, got the new iBook, now I need a nice little sleeve. I read the sticky in this forum, and decided on a Booq Vyper XS. Price is OK, $45 US, but when I go to check out, the cheapest shipping I can get to Ontario Canada is $30 US (Fed X, 2nd day).

Anywho, thats putting it up there a bit ($100 cdn). Anyone have any ideas on a similar case that has distribution in Canada, or some cheaper way to get the Vyper XS?

Thanks in advance.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
I know some university computer stores carry them in Canada.
U of T does as well as McGill , those are the only two I know in eastern canada, here on the west coast, UBC and SFU have them, as well as macmarket or macstation, can't remember which :rolleyes:
check with local computer dealers , sometimes PC only stores carry mac laptop bags/sleeves... :confused:

Snarf

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2004
Upstate New York
Actually, I happen to have one that I'm not using anymore. In fact, I barely even used it, it's virtually brand new. I bought it for a 12" powerbook, but ended up returning the powerbook for an iMac. Send me a pm and we can work something out if you're interested.

I should add that I've never shipped anything to Canada, so I have no clue about how much it would cost.

cardiac dave

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
iToronto
I've got one too that I'm not using.

12" iBook, grey/blue in color, fairly tight fitting.

Bought it on eBay from a guy who makes them in Manitoba or somewhere.

I'm in Mississauga/Toronto, PM me if you want it.

Lazyhound

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2005
So, has anyone found someone who distributes them in Canada yet? The shipping from the US is more than the cost of the sleeve itself!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.