12 inch Ipad = 12 inch Mac air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Raffi, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Im just wondering if apple could shoe horn a 12 inch screen into the 11 inch macbook air frame? It would make sense to do that then combine the 13 inch macbook air and rMBP into one.

2. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

The MacBook Air had a fairly large bezel, so it definitely seems possible.

That said, I believe the MacBook Air and retina MacBook Pros are destined to eventually converge. What more when you consider that the least retina MacBooks are actually quite affordable compared to equivalent Airs.

3. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

The current model doesn't have an 11 inch screeen, it's an 11.6 inch screen. Changing to a 12 inch screen would result in a bezel that was only .2 inches less wide than the current model. I almost doubt that people would notice the difference in either the bezel or the screen itself.

Seems like this would be an almost trivial upgrade, unless the quality of the panel itself were better. It sure wouldn't be enough of a size difference to make me go out and sell my 2013 11" MBA. ;)

4. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

One thing to consider is, the macbook air 11" (as only apple notebook) uses an 16:9 aspect ratio, while the iPads (Air and Mini) both have a 4:3.
    Personally I think the speculated iPad Pro has nothing to do with the Macbook (Air) series, but let's just wait and see ;)

5. Raffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Raffi

I knew it would happen. It's only logical that the prices and sizes are too close right now. The Mac air 11/12 and the 13 rMBP will be the two apple moves forward with.