12 inch Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Haenep, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Haenep macrumors newbie

Hi..Everyone...

I am kind of new in all about this..if there is any mistake plz let me know....

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows if apple is going to come out with a 12 inch Macbook Pro

Thanks everyone for readying this and giving his opinion.....

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

noone knows for sure
    doubt it though, what with rumors of 3g iphone, tablet, new .mac service, new ipods etc etc

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Huh?

That's like saying a horse is a 6' giraffe.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No more like when Apple said the 13" MBP was the replacement for the iBook and 12" PB.

But it is!

6. Dreamail macrumors 6502

Yeah, right, because it has all the 'Pro' features like FireWire 800, GPU with 512MB RAM, support for an external 30" ADC display, ...

Apple really tries selling a consumer machine as a small-sized 'Pro' notebook. Maybe if we paint it differently users might not notice...

But seriously, with the trend to smaller notebooks, perhaps one day Apple will hear the call and re-introduce a <15" 'Pro' notebook.
    If we're lucky.

The best shot will probably be a shift to 16:9 wide-screen displays which could see a 13-14" MBP that's actually not much wider than the 12" 4:3 screen was.

7. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

That hurt my sides. Ouch! That's funny.

8. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Yes, I believe there will be an announcement next Tuesday!;):D

9. nick9191 macrumors 68040

No, Macbook or Macbook Air, thats it.

Yeah cos thats exactly what you need when your on the road. I always take lots of firewire 800 devices, along with a copy of crysis, and my 30" cinema display wherever I go.

10. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I think when Apple puts the new macbook air to sleep then we will see a 13"/12" mbp.

But since the mba is very new I dont think well see the 12"/13" macbook pro in the next 5 years.

11. Dreamail macrumors 6502

Of course not.

But I"m not gonna buy two computers, one for home and one for the road, if I can use just one 'Pro' notebook together with an external monitor and external HDs at home.

And a dedicated GPU is a whole different story altogether. It is required for certain 'Pro' apps, e.g. Autodesk Maya. If you want to use them on the road then it's either a big machine or no Maya. Why? If you're not working with massive scene files even a 12" PowerBook works quite alright. But it _needs_ a dedicated GPU.

Also having just one notebook beats having to sync two machines, which is a pain.
    And it's cheaper too.