All iPads 12" iPad production news

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Izauze, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Izauze macrumors 6502

Since this wasn't on the main page yet and I didn't see anything here: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/technol...ember-followed-by-large-ipad-and-iwatch.html/

I know this product is a bit more controversial than some, even earning it disparaging "iPad Maxi" nicknames and the like. I don't particularly want my current iPad any larger, but I'll reserve judgement until I see what they've done with it.

2. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

I think personally that they won't release a larger iPad after what they have seen with Samsung's Galaxy Tab Pro. It hasn't really caught on, with people saying that it couldn't replace a laptop and isn't worth the price. I personally agree and unless Apple can come up with something that really blows away the competition and makes people want to buy it, they're gonna have a hard time.

Most of the time nowadays, people buy iOS devices as consumers or light users, not Pros, that's where the MacBooks come in. I think if someone wanted 12 inches, they would go for a MacBook Air which is what I have and which would be roundabout the same price.

3. iMacmatician macrumors 601

I'm going to assume the keyboard is physical since all current iPads and iPhones have virtual keyboards. I wonder what relation, if any, this report has to the rumor a week or so ago of an upcoming fan-less 12" MacBook. Sure, a tablet isn't a laptop but then again I haven't heard of (m)any tablets with keyboards.