Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Izauze

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2013
Since this wasn't on the main page yet and I didn't see anything here: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/technol...ember-followed-by-large-ipad-and-iwatch.html/

Caso’s supply chain checks also indicated that Apple is developing the long-rumored iWatch, as well as a large-format iPad. “[W]e have finally noted two new products on the production schedule, including a watch as well as a 12” tablet that contains a keyboard,” wrote the Susquehanna analyst. Caso introduced estimates for fiscal year 2015 based on a potential iPad Pro and iWatch launch in the December quarter of 2014.

I know this product is a bit more controversial than some, even earning it disparaging "iPad Maxi" nicknames and the like. I don't particularly want my current iPad any larger, but I'll reserve judgement until I see what they've done with it.

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
UK
Since this wasn't on the main page yet and I didn't see anything here: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/technol...ember-followed-by-large-ipad-and-iwatch.html/

I know this product is a bit more controversial than some, even earning it disparaging "iPad Maxi" nicknames and the like. I don't particularly want my current iPad any larger, but I'll reserve judgement until I see what they've done with it.

I think personally that they won't release a larger iPad after what they have seen with Samsung's Galaxy Tab Pro. It hasn't really caught on, with people saying that it couldn't replace a laptop and isn't worth the price. I personally agree and unless Apple can come up with something that really blows away the competition and makes people want to buy it, they're gonna have a hard time.

Most of the time nowadays, people buy iOS devices as consumers or light users, not Pros, that's where the MacBooks come in. I think if someone wanted 12 inches, they would go for a MacBook Air which is what I have and which would be roundabout the same price.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
“[W]e have finally noted two new products on the production schedule, including a watch as well as a 12” tablet that contains a keyboard,”
I'm going to assume the keyboard is physical since all current iPads and iPhones have virtual keyboards. I wonder what relation, if any, this report has to the rumor a week or so ago of an upcoming fan-less 12" MacBook. Sure, a tablet isn't a laptop but then again I haven't heard of (m)any tablets with keyboards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.