12" MacBook 3.5 mm jack prediction

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Yr Blues, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

They'll drop the 3.5 mm jack for another USB-C port. I'm ready. 2 USB-C ports is all I want. I can expand from there.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'd be fully on board with that. For me, the headphone jack on a laptop is as useless as nipples on a breastplate. ;)

3. asfalloth macrumors member

asfalloth

Lol although i get why you said that, I'm currently replying to you whilst listening to Spotify on my Macbook 2016 on Apple headphones while watching the olympic sailing :) therefore perhaps not quite as useless as you suggest :)

4. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

i'm ready for USB-C headphones. time to upgrade

i can you one for power and the other for my audio interface that already has 1/4 jack for headphones

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

To clarify, I was speaking for myself only. I don't presume to say what is best for others. ;)

If I'm not listening via Airplay at home, I'm using bluetooth headphones. Though really if I'm not home I'm far more likely to use my phone for music streaming. In the months I've had my rMB I can't think of a single time I've plugged anything into the headphone jack.

6. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

I'd be pretty upset if Apple dropped the headphone jack on the MacBook, I like being able to plug in a variety of headphones whenever I want (including my MDR-7506s which I use a ton for when I do audio editing) and I loathe Bluetooth headphones.

7. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Why not. The rMB is already needs a tangle of dongles to be useful. What's with another one? :apple:

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

That strange, my rMB is exceptionally useful and the one dongle I own is a USBC to USBA, which I only use with my card reader. Can't remember the last time I disconnected the two.

If someone buys the wrong computer for them, the problem isn't with the computer... :D

9. pookitoo macrumors regular

pookitoo

Like deddawg, i speak for myself but i use bluetooth headphones, jack is analog technology and usb c or lightning are digital technology. We 'll have better sound and more option with digital tech. And sometimes, i need to plug an extra hardware in addition of the charger, so it ll be perfect if they replace the jack with an usb c ;)