12" MacBook display/graphics issue. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mrdctaylor, Sep 27, 2018.

1. mrdctaylor macrumors member

mrdctaylor

This is my son's 12" Macbook. He had the logic board and battery replaced about 6-8 weeks ago by Apple due to a battery issue. Now his screen looks like this. It started doing it last night. Does this look like a logic board issue? Thoughts?

Here are some photos:
    https://imgur.com/a/c1gu76q

2. sosumi99 macrumors 6502

sosumi99

That could be caused by any number of things, including the logic board. Do you see this even when you try to boot in safe mode?

3. shumba, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019

shumba macrumors newbie

shumba

I got the same problem since Mojave fresh install. when I open it unplug track board cable display cable reatch everything boot it up it works with low demanding things for a few hours . if I open up iTunes safari and photos the glitch starts over then reboots, I log in glitch comes again.
    the MacBook 12 2016 was not used a lot never dropped no damage what so ever. IMG_1632.jpg

4. reddemonic macrumors member

its known common problem in the repair forums. that's what will happen when there isn't a fan to cool the CPU. Apple should recall this crap

5. bkrtron macrumors newbie

bkrtron

I have exactly the same issue. I was coming on to put a post for some help.

I've tried just about everything for boot sequencing but I can't get it into Safe Mode and Internet Recovery they both lock up before they make it.

I can load into Mac Os High Sierra but it will then go to this screen in a few seconds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. EugW macrumors 603

EugW

Isn’t this under warranty since Apple did the repair? Just take it back to them.

7. Sorrel macrumors newbie

Sorrel

My 2015 MacBook (out of warranty) displays weird effects like coloured lines (and occasionally a huge white fade to edge of screen, like it's a Victorian photograph). It works fine on an external monitor. I'm looking to see if it's a logic board issue.

8. mrdctaylor thread starter macrumors member

mrdctaylor

FTR, it *was* the logic board. Apple fixed it for free (thankfully) and it has been working fine ever sense.