12" MacBook display/graphics issue. Thoughts?

mrdctaylor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
This is my son's 12" Macbook. He had the logic board and battery replaced about 6-8 weeks ago by Apple due to a battery issue. Now his screen looks like this. It started doing it last night. Does this look like a logic board issue? Thoughts?

Here are some photos:
https://imgur.com/a/c1gu76q

Reactions: bkrtron and shumba

sosumi99

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2003
That could be caused by any number of things, including the logic board. Do you see this even when you try to boot in safe mode?

Reactions: shumba

shumba

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
I got the same problem since Mojave fresh install. when I open it unplug track board cable display cable reatch everything boot it up it works with low demanding things for a few hours . if I open up iTunes safari and photos the glitch starts over then reboots, I log in glitch comes again.
the MacBook 12 2016 was not used a lot never dropped no damage what so ever.
IMG_1632.jpg

Last edited:

reddemonic

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
its known common problem in the repair forums. that's what will happen when there isn't a fan to cool the CPU. Apple should recall this crap

bkrtron

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2019
Finland & Australia
I have exactly the same issue. I was coming on to put a post for some help.

I've tried just about everything for boot sequencing but I can't get it into Safe Mode and Internet Recovery they both lock up before they make it.

I can load into Mac Os High Sierra but it will then go to this screen in a few seconds.

EugW

macrumors G3
Jun 18, 2017
This is my son's 12" Macbook. He had the logic board and battery replaced about 6-8 weeks ago by Apple due to a battery issue. Now his screen looks like this. It started doing it last night. Does this look like a logic board issue? Thoughts?

Here are some photos:
https://imgur.com/a/c1gu76q
Isn’t this under warranty since Apple did the repair? Just take it back to them.

Sorrel

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
UK
My 2015 MacBook (out of warranty) displays weird effects like coloured lines (and occasionally a huge white fade to edge of screen, like it's a Victorian photograph). It works fine on an external monitor. I'm looking to see if it's a logic board issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.