12" Macbook Pro a Possibility???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zer0tails, Oct 12, 2008.

1. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

Does anyone think a 12" macbook pro is a possibility for this update? I've actually been waiting for a macbook air but if they came out with a 12" macbook pro, I would definitely go that route instead.

Just a few thoughts: if the 12" macbook pro was indeed a possibility, where would that leave the macbook air? It's gonna be bigger than the pro and hence kinda loses its main drawing power.

However, a 12" macbook pro would make sense as Apple could price it in a way that draws users to pick the 12" mbp over the macbook because of performance, since the macbooks will be much cheaper.

Does this make sense? What do you think? i'm really hoping for a 12" macbook pro. :)

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I wish...but No. Its been discussed many times, and Apple will not go back to 12" screens again. A PB 12" in the refurb store would be sweet, for like $500 of course. :D

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Search.

It's called the MacBook Air.

"But..." I know. It sucks. Apple won't bring it back.

4. zer0tails thread starter macrumors 65816

zer0tails

True true.

power = MBP, portability = MBA, portability + power = ??

I was just thinking in terms of users who want both portability + power. In terms of Apple's line up, that's missing.

And for some reason, the new case shots got me hoping again, and thinking about a 12" MBP again.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If Apple does make the switch from Integrated Intel to a Nvidia GPU, there is that possibility.

Apple might offer a small one with a uprated GPU, but might or might not be a case change or FW800 for that Pro version.

6. jojo13 macrumors 6502

jojo13

just FYI, the macbook air is more powerful than the old powerbook 12inch

it's not because the macbook and the pro are stronger than the air, the air sucks
    IMO, the air is powerful enough for 90% of the users

7. jojo13 macrumors 6502

jojo13

thanks for explaining your point of vu

8. hempcamp macrumors member

I was a big fan of the Air when it came out, and couldn't really see the benefit of a 12" laptop. Then, the other day, I got a great deal on a 12" PB off on ebay (the Air is still just too pricey as a second computer for me) and remembered what an advantage this form factor is. It's almost as small as the netbooks I was considering, just a bit heavier, and OS X native.

Too bad there won't be another tiny Apple like the 12" PB (at least for a while).

--Chris

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It depends on how your quantify power. ;)

10. XianPalin macrumors 6502

XianPalin

I wish, for some reason the Macbook Air just doesn't sit as well with me. I always loved the 12" Powerbooks before I ever had a Mac, and now that I've become a "Mac Guy" they don't carry them anymore. I'd love to have a 12" Macbook Pro.