12" MacBook Retina - Anyone have oleophobic coating / display stain issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by amitdoc2b, Feb 24, 2016.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I have a 12" MacBook Retina that I bought as soon as it came out last year in April. I noticed that the screen coating has completely stained and wore out from around 3 of the four sides of the screen (on the black bezel areas but slowly trickling past that). The laptop itself is working fine but the stains are troubling and am afraid they'll spread even more over time. I noticed that Apple had a replacement program launched this past October for poor screen coating for their MacBook Pro Retinas... but has anyone had this issue with the MacBook Retina like I have? I'm not sure if they'll cover it under AppleCare and am worried to leave my laptop (my only computer) in their hands for a week to only be without my laptop for a long period of time (I need it for courses) plus being handed a bill. Thanks!

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

You should be covered by Apple`s warranty, explain the situation to Apple they may be in a position to help you. My own 1.2 rMB has no issue.

Q-6

3. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

As Q-6 notes, but quite disconcerting to hear this along with the sticky keys that seem to occur too

4. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

Take it in, let us know if they don't fix it. Looks like they haven't fixed the problem yet.

5. Mark Kappert macrumors regular

Mark Kappert

I have totally the same problem with my RMB....many things has been repaired by Apple on my RMB and now this....
    I'll try to make a picture tomorrow, but at the moment I'm in the hospital

6. franzkfk macrumors regular

franzkfk

Many things? Such as?

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

8. SSD-GUY macrumors 6502a

9. Mark Kappert macrumors regular

Mark Kappert

Some keys on my keyboard aren't working that good....it will be repaired for the third time...and now my screen.

10. SSD-GUY macrumors 6502a

When you took the laptop in to show the keys, could the genius see that the keys were not working?

I ask as my enter key sometimes doesn't work and feels different to the other keys, but I feel this will be hard to prove as this only happens sometimes.

11. Mark Kappert macrumors regular

Mark Kappert

Yes, but that was because when you pressed the key ''a'' you did get ''asdsaa'' for example. Now I have unfortunately the same problem as you have but with more keys..I don't know what they are going to say about that but if they won't repair it under warranty I'll get in touch with our insurance company.