12 more months For iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nox5, Sep 5, 2015.

1. nox5 macrumors 6502

Just 12 months before IPhone 7 arrives. I bet Apple is already testing the prototype.

2. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

i think they are testing iPhone 7s right now.

3. doitdada macrumors 6502a

doitdada

Thats why I am still on first gen. I'm always waiting for something better. The present technology doesn't interest me, I'm gonna future proof all the way into the grave.

4. JulianL macrumors 65816

Yup. In fact I think that if the rumours are true of Apple reducing the battery capacity in the 6s (from old 6 1810mAh to 1715mAh in the 6s - http://www.macrumors.com/2015/08/03/iphone-6s-6c-1715mah-battery/) the reason might well be because of the iPhone 7. Apple might have some serious battery challenges coming up in the 7 so it doesn't want to set the bar too high with the 6s in terms of being able to maintaining 6s battery life with the 7, or maybe being able to implement a plan of adding only an hour extra at each iteration.

The main thing that I can think of that might cause issues in the 7 might be dramatic reductions in size of bezels, maybe to the extent of removing the home button and bottom bezel entirely, which would mean a smaller overall physical size and hence less volume to accommodate the battery if Apple keeps its obsessive focus on making the device as thin as possible still.

A company of Apple's size and resources is always thinking at least one step ahead in terms of design cycle if not more.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I am pretty sure no matter what changes are made, Apple will always make sure we have a great performing phone with a battery life that will get the average person through the day with battery to spare.

6. Krologix macrumors newbie

As revolutionary as the initial iPhone was to the world, Apple needs something completely new to break the mold and outdo everything else that has been done. Something Samsung won't be prepared for.

7. Cristinamacrumor macrumors newbie

Cristinamacrumor

I dare say, if you get an iPhone se 64 gb, you will love it more than future proofing yourself:)

8. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

Holy thread bump