12'' PB 1,5 GHz 1,25 RAM + 23'' ACD?

Tymmz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
I had a 20'' ACD before but looking into a 23''.

Does anyone know if the PB's performance would drop drastically, when connecting a 23'' to it?

thx

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
I had it connected to a 21 inch HD screen, dual mirroring and I had no problem. I do think you'll be just fine.

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
I just recently got this exact setup. I haven't tested it much or pushed the powerbook, so I can't be a lot of help. I do notice that the fan on the powerbook comes on and stays on when using the 23" monitor, which kinda sucks. Nothing seems poorly affected much, but I really haven't tried anything straining on it yet. Hopefully some other people will have more to say about it.

Tymmz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
NewbieNerd said:
I just recently got this exact setup. I haven't tested it much or pushed the powerbook, so I can't be a lot of help. I do notice that the fan on the powerbook comes on and stays on when using the 23" monitor, which kinda sucks. Nothing seems poorly affected much, but I really haven't tried anything straining on it yet. Hopefully some other people will have more to say about it.
I even noticed the fan more often, when connected to the 20''. But that doesn't worry me.