12" Pb G4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Edandlindz28, May 22, 2007.

1. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

Here is what I found:
    12" Mac PowerBook G4 laptop computer:

- 1.25 GB RAM
    - 1 GHz Processor
    - 40 GB hard drive
    - Combo drive
    - Titanium look
    - AirPort Extreme
    - Mac OS X

they are asking 500 bucks. I want something small while I am deployed and able to do the music/photos. Is this a good deal? I was looking at getting a mini/:apple: TV for media, can I use this instead? Not doing anything fancy with it.

2. vintagetobes macrumors newbie

This is based on experience with both the powerbook (a 1.33 though) and an intel mini (maxed out ram). I photo seems to run fairly well on the mini, even with 10mpx photos, but its not as smooth as butter. I only have an older version of iphoto on the powerbook at the moment, but it seems to be running pretty good too. A little slower to load the photos in the first place.

Music will be fine on either machine.

You didnt mention video, but i'll let you know my findings anyway. Its pretty simple. the mini handled an HD video, the powerbook didn't. It may have been a particularly nasty format, but it does show the abilities of each computer quite well.

I think the important thing with the mini is to get 2gb of ram.

Ah, ive just read "Titanium look". So does this mean it is the Titanium model? If so, i don't think its available in 12"?

3. Edandlindz28 thread starter macrumors regular

I really don't know about the Ti. I would have to ask for the model number. Being able to play HD video is a big issue. Will have to relook.

4. theISHkid macrumors regular

I think they are referring to the aluminum casing... I don't think they made any titanium 1.25ghz but I'm probably wrong.

5. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Sounds like a decent deal. It's a good strong computer, but I'd try to bargain for a price in the mid 400 area.