12"PB & Treo 650 marriage

petercw2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2003
I just purchased a Treo650 and I am hoping someone else on this forum can give tips and suggestions for the best way to sync and communicate between the two. I know of the standard HotSync, and the 3rd party Missing Sync. Which is better?

Also, is there a way to use Versamail or something like it to use the forwarding mail sync with Apple Mail?

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
petercw2 said:
I just purchased a Treo650 and I am hoping someone else on this forum can give tips and suggestions for the best way to sync and communicate between the two. I know of the standard HotSync, and the 3rd party Missing Sync. Which is better?

Also, is there a way to use Versamail or something like it to use the forwarding mail sync with Apple Mail?
I don't see the Treo family on the Missing Sync. But it does show up under Apple's iSync page, http://www.apple.com/isync/devices.html HotSync is what you are going to have to use, and I think it works just fine. My friend uses it for a z20 or some old PDA of that sort.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
petercw2 said:
Actually the newest version 4.0.3 does include the Treo 650...
I stand corrected, I was looking under the Pocket PC devise lists. As long has it has Palm OS 5.4. I would then go for the Missing sync if iTunes, iPhoto, and memory card support is what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.