Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iQuit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2005
Los Angeles
I need a new laptop for now and I am looking into getting the 12" PowerBook with superdrive on an education discount for $1499,and then a dell desktop for $299 because it is a good deal,I am low on cash right now but at the end of the Summer I'll be getting a new 17". Well $1500 is all I can spend on a laptop and seems like my only option,I am only going to buy a Mac. My main conscern is the tiny screen,I have a 12" iBook and the screen sometimes gets annoying/hurts my eyes because it is soo small,but I notices this 12" screen is very high resolution. Also it doesn't have the backlit keyboard but does it have the apple logo on top that lights up? Tell me what you think,is this pretty good? I need it for some video editing because my iBook can't cut it and this is all I can afford for now.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
What iBook are you using?? The 12 might not me much more powerful.

The 12" resolution is the same as the iBook's, perhaps a slightly better colour rendition (dunno, anyone?).

The 12" is light and very portable.

The 12" has no backlit keyboard, but it isn't really needed, the screen lights up the keyboard anyway - plus you don't need to see your keyboard once you know it's layout. My fingers do the typing not my brain sometimes :p.

iQuit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2005
Los Angeles

Well I only have 32mb of video ram on my ibook...64 is ok,I'd really like 128 or 256 though. Does the apple on the PB 12" light up?

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
iQuit said:
Well I only have 32mb of video ram on my ibook...64 is ok,I'd really like 128 or 256 though. Does the apple on the PB 12" light up?

I think the apple lights up on all of the laptops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.