Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcg868

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2019
Blackburn, Lancashire, UK
Currently on a IPhone 11 after using Android phones since 2010, and in the 6 months using the 11 I’m really enjoying it. My upgrade is due next month and can’t decide between the regular Pro or the Max, the 11 is the biggest phone I’ve used and it feels nice to hold.
Just wondering is the regular Pro as good as the 11 on battery life? As this was my main reason moving from Android. Also instead of lugging a DSLR around I much prefer using my phone for photography now, especially when on holiday in Greece.

I do also own a iPad Pro and use that for media viewing and photo editing, but sometimes I do watch Netflix on my phone at work on my break.

i-Liam

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2016
I had an 11 pro and upgraded to the 12 pro, but the battery life was worse. I switched the the 12 pro max and not looked back. There is an adjustment period to the 12 pro max, but after a week or so I was used to it.

Reactions: Hal~9000

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I had an 11 pro and upgraded to the 12 pro, but the battery life was worse. I switched the the 12 pro max and not looked back. There is an adjustment period to the 12 pro max, but after a week or so I was used to it.
How much worse was it? I'm tempted to go 12 Pro from my 11 Pro Max, I know I'll take a big hit right there, but I had a 11 Pro before my Max and that had pretty good battery life.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Currently on a IPhone 11 after using Android phones since 2010, and in the 6 months using the 11 I’m really enjoying it. My upgrade is due next month and can’t decide between the regular Pro or the Max, the 11 is the biggest phone I’ve used and it feels nice to hold.
Just wondering is the regular Pro as good as the 11 on battery life? As this was my main reason moving from Android. Also instead of lugging a DSLR around I much prefer using my phone for photography now, especially when on holiday in Greece.

I do also own a iPad Pro and use that for media viewing and photo editing, but sometimes I do watch Netflix on my phone at work on my break.
Definitely give 12 Pro Max a try. If the size does not work out, you can go back to 12 Pro (assuming you guys have a 14-day return period like here in the US). :)

icloudUser

macrumors regular
May 20, 2019
got my 12Pro yesterday and its still restoring from icloud backup. Charged to high 80 ies yesterday evening (not overnight) and charged to 95% in the AM and now after 8 hours of medium use its at 68%. So is it good? I think it might be better than my iph11

Reactions: DevinNj

i-Liam

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2016
How much worse was it? I'm tempted to go 12 Pro from my 11 Pro Max, I know I'll take a big hit right there, but I had a 11 Pro before my Max and that had pretty good battery life.
On my 11 pro I was ending my days on about 35%. With roughly the same use my 12 pro was about 15%.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
I had used the XR which was 6.1 It was a good form factor. When the 11 came out I went with the 11 pro. Loved the features and OLED. However, I will say my hand felt cramped. Just upgraded to the 12 Pro Max and wont ever not choose the Pro Max (or whatever Apple calls it in the future). Its the perfect size. Loving the battery life and the pictures with it are simply AMAZING.

marcg868

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2019
Blackburn, Lancashire, UK
Definitely give 12 Pro Max a try. If the size does not work out, you can go back to 12 Pro (assuming you guys have a 14-day return period like here in the US). :)
My only real issue with size is, it might be a squeeze getting it in my motorbike jacket top pocket, but I do have a easy solution for that (Bigger side pocket)
The 11 has been my iPhone trial phone to see if I liked the switch from Android, and I really do. The fact I don’t need to reach for a charger anymore and not losing 10% battery whilst I’m asleep.
So my Mums having my 11 to upgrade her Xr and I’m really thinking the Max.
£60 a month on EE after NHS discount.

Reactions: nepalisherpa

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I had used the XR which was 6.1 It was a good form factor. When the 11 came out I went with the 11 pro. Loved the features and OLED. However, I will say my hand felt cramped. Just upgraded to the 12 Pro Max and wont ever not choose the Pro Max (or whatever Apple calls it in the future). Its the perfect size. Loving the battery life and the pictures with it are simply AMAZING.
Yup, I prefer the Max versions as well, but I cannot stand the weight. This year's Pro being slightly bigger than last years, making it closer to my 11 Pro Max, is tempting, even if the battery life isn't as good as my current Max

MrJM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
I has the XS max, the 11 Pro Max and now I’ve gone for the regular 12 pro.

It’s a fantastic phone and the perfect size for me. Big enough to useful but still a decent size for your pocket.

Battery life has been great too. It’s never died me. Admittedly I have less battery at the end of each day then my max phones but that’s to be expected.

I like the max phones, sometimes I just found them a bit cumbersome and uncomfortable to use, I found it a struggle to use the max phones one handed, I can do it on the 12 pro with ease!

When I saw the 12 pro max was even bigger, that made the decision for me. It had gone past a point where I would feel comfortable with it.

Obviously everyone is different though. See how you get on! Good luck!

Reactions: MarkX and DevinNj

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
I have an X and have tried and returned the 12pro. It didn't wow me enough so I am going 12promax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.