12" rMB warm screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thadoggfather, Apr 26, 2016.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I wonder if the 2016's run warm in color temperature, but my 2015 is pretty warm-- warmer than iPhone 6s plus and iPad I own,

2. SSD-GUY, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016

SSD-GUY macrumors 6502a

Yes, I even had my screen replaced and the replacement screen is just as warm. I've also talked to another person on this forum who confirmed that his screen is also warmer on his 2015 rMB.

I guess that's the way the panels are. Try doing some calibration, it's made mine 'cooler'.

3. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

So you went with a higher white point and called it a day?

I'd be afraid of a replacement being worse too, I have only a few more weeks of 1 year included warranty, and though Amex gives me a second year, not sure I want to roll the dice and live with a worse panel

I dunno why it bothers me now, almost a year later, but maybe i don't use my laptop much except transactional stuff these days

my 6s plus and air2 are cooled off too with jailbroken color profiles, otherwise not the temperature of my preference either

but still, rMB is still stock warmer than stock 6s plus and air2 for me,

Also, I think I had keyboard woes and was happy to have a perfect functioning keyboard with no bum keys, etc.

4. SSD-GUY macrumors 6502a

I've been to the Apple store and the screens are mostly the same. They are warmer than comparable mac models. It's one of the reasons I didn't upgrade to the skylake model, as I want to see how the screens are on the refreshed rMBP this June.

Therefore yeah, I just 'live' with it. But in all honesty, after calibration it's pretty much perfect and I even forgot about it.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

6. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

yeah adjusting white point definitely helps, I'm just OCD with my screens and kinda bothersome that the tint is so in your face until tweaking

oh well, like i said not sure why i care so much almost 1 year later-- maybe I did in the beginning and benched it for so long, or forgot since I use my phone and tablet a lot, I dunno.

The honeymoon period is well beyond over, even though I still love the form factor. just wondering

7. Z3man macrumors 6502a

I think the rMB screen is just about perfect, i like the slightly warmer screens as the colours are richer and more vibrant and a lot easier on the eye. All the rMB screens i have looked at have all been the same, Apple have used a very high quality screen and the quality control seems to be very good with them all being the same. It is a shame the same cant be said of their phones where the quality of the screen you get is a lottery.

8. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

so they all look warm to you too?

9. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Yes, every one i have looked has looked the same, they are not like really warm and yellow, they just have a slight warm tint which too me is just about perfect.

10. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

so 2016's run warm too color temperature (not actual temperature on your lap) wise just like 2015's?

6973 color temp looks nice to me, stock color profile is staggeringly red/warm looking to me and comparatively yellow to 6s plus and 12.9" iPad pro

11. where is it macrumors 6502

where is it

Yes the MB screen is a little warmer than my MBP. It's only slight. And not enough to warrant colour profiling issues really. Unless of cause you are insane. Not as bad as most Windows laptop manufacturers panels which definitely do need some calibration.

Plus I prefer the warmer tone. Less stress on the eyes. Never understood people wanting cooler panels. They just kill your retinas, then your sleep, then your life.

Give your eyes less stress and live with it. Apple are doing you a favour.