12" Smart Keyboard angles?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by h00ligan, Apr 14, 2016.

1. h00ligan macrumors 68030

so you can have it up to type on the keyboard and as a viewing stand, but is there no way to use it traditionally. So it holds one side of the iPad up like the regular smear covers do (Smart Cover typing mode if you will)

I feel dense here because surely there's a secure way of having the keyboard cover hod,the iPad in a traditional way but honestly nothing is what I'd consider stable. I can fold it like other third north cases and that sort of works but it clear,y isn't designed for that.

Are there only the two supported positions or am I missing something here. It's driving me mad. It clearly doesn't support the triangle mode were used to. Seems so strange not to

2. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

I was just going to post the same question. I have the iPP 9.7 and the Apple keyboard case can be used in "display only" landscape mode, the case makes a triangle and the keyboard folds back against the iPad's back with no issues.

I tried to do the same with my wife's iPP 12.9 and seems like the case just falls apart when you try to do the same "display only" in landscape mode. Thought it was a defective magnet in the case but now I guess not?