12"? What's your guess? Would this fall on Macbooks?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by arctic, Jul 22, 2008.

1. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

Quoting from the front page,

Yes, Apple. Bring it!!!

Do you think this would be within the Macbook lineup (Macbook Tablet)? Or would this be an Air Tablet? Or something altogether different. If so, would the processing power be weaker? Perhaps Penryn based while the notebooks evolve into Montevina?

Exciting days!!! All I'm hoping is that this would carry a Montevina processor, won't have the Air's crappy heat management nor the Macbook's mediocre display.

What are your guesses? Let's also consider the fact that this would be directed to a different market so as not to hurt the Macbook/Pro sales.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nope. It's called the MacBook Air. Get used to it.

3. arctic thread starter macrumors 6502a

arctic

Go to MacRumors page 1. Apple will release a tablet sooner or later. Get used to it.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Show me where it says tablet. You're pulling it out of your mind. Apple doesn't have to release anything. This is the same rumor as last year; a "product transition".

Never mind, I found it for you. Yeah, and Apple will release the xMac this fall, too.

5. arctic thread starter macrumors 6502a

arctic

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

"wonderful new products" Well, a tablet may be wonderful for you, but that's all that it says.

7. arctic thread starter macrumors 6502a

arctic

Wonderful to me? Where the heck did you pull that out of? Seems like you need your morning coffee.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Same place you pulled the tablet out of, apparently. Yes, it mentions the old tablet rumor. They don't have to release the MacTablet because of that.

I don't drink coffee; don't want to become dependent on it.

9. arctic thread starter macrumors 6502a

arctic

Then you replied to the wrong thread.

You think?

Since your first reply, I'm not alone here in observing that you might be better off drinking it anyway.

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

So why was it again that they have to release one?

11. arctic thread starter macrumors 6502a

arctic

12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nothing about a tablet, nothing to suggest that they have to release a tablet, and I'm not sifting through ten pages of made up specs that people have posted.

Saying "Apple will release a tablet" is impossible to prove. The MacTablet is the longest-standing rumor left.

You're welcome for making you a regular.

13. arctic thread starter macrumors 6502a

arctic

Ok then. I'll quote you on that for the future. Move along now.

14. Tensakun macrumors 6502

Tensakun

Uh, if by "here" you mean this thread, then it seems yes, you were alone until I jumped in just now--don't notice any other posters.

Anyway, "MacBook Tablet" seems like an absurd oxymoron to me--a notebook computer is generally understood as a machine that opens up, like a notebook, to magically reveal a keyboard/trackpad and a screen.

I guess until this wonderful beast is actually produced, we'll have to see messages about it here in the "MacBook, iBook" board. Sigh:(

15. arctic thread starter macrumors 6502a

arctic

Ok. Point taken. That's originally the reason for my first post. I wanted to know what everyone's predictions and thoughts are. A bit of optimism.

Anyway, this thread seems to be going nowhere anyway, thanks to Tallest Skil.

16. kabunaru Guest

I think this would be something different. Something like the Modbook but smaller I predict.

17. Breegy macrumors 6502

Breegy

For now, I still don't see a Mac Tablet being something practical.

Possibly a larger screen for the iPod or something as a "MacTablet" sort of thing, but not an actual computer like everyone is hoping.

"Product transition" means something added onto an already existing product like going from a Powerbook to a Macbook Pro or an iBook to a Macbook. Personally, I think they will just have spiffy updates, new looks, and different names for their computers once again. Possibly merging a line or something.

And this "new" product that is being mentioned, as on the first page, will probably be a new bigger iPod with some neat new touch features.

For some reason, a tablet just isn't practical yet. However, I'd love to be proven wrong. Although I won't buy a first gen. of a tablet just like I wouldn't buy the first gen iPhone, I'd still like to see them being used. :rolleyes: So that when I can actually afford one, it will be even more awesome and way less buggy.