12 year old programming help!!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by InquisitiveAmI, Jul 16, 2012.

1. InquisitiveAmI macrumors member

Hey guys I've been trying to learn iPhone programming (objective c) for 2 years but I just can't get my head around the language . I think I should start right at the beginning but where?? I want to program my own app before I'm 13 but I don't know where to start could someone please tell me where to start and what to do after!! I really want when I'm older to work for apple so I thought I should start here.

Thank you for reading
    :apple:

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Have you read all the other topics that kind off asked the same thing? What did you try, because you said you've been on it for 2 years. But what exactly.. Do you understand MVC patterns, do you know what OOP is? Just some basic questions that come to mind.

3. ArtOfWarfare, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

T.T

Disclosing the fact you're too young to be a member of the forums isn't the brightest thing you could have done.

Anyways, just in case you do happen to look back at the forums to try and get answers, I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell everyone else when they say they want to program:

First, learn C. Here's a great free ebook:
    http://c.learncodethehardway.org/book/
    You'll want to learn up to exercise 18 or so.

Next, learn everything else you need from Stanford's free iOS development lectures. They're available on iTunes U (that's a category in the iTunes store.)