120 seconds to shutdown

Discussion in 'macOS' started by redart, Jun 18, 2007.

1. redart macrumors newbie

Hi All,

When you choose "Shut Down" from the Apple menu, does anyone know if it's possible to change the shutdown delay time (120 secs) to a lower value, or better still remove the need to confirm by clicking Shut Down again ?. I am running Panther. Thanks.

2. Silentwave macrumors 68000

Not that I know of... and I bet you'll hate me for saying this, but if you can, upgrade to Leopard when it comes out. Steve didn't reveal one of the top-secret features... in Leopard, it's down to 60 seconds! :rolleyes:

3. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Amazing!

Did someone say 60 seconds to shutdown in Leopard? :eek:

Bodacious. I'm totally buying this new OS on day one. With my new Mail templates... ;)

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

60 seconds to shutdown is logical. They did a straw-vote-study which showed Leopard users will be more decisive. ;)

5. redart thread starter macrumors newbie

I could live with 60. 120 just seems unnecessary. Who sits around for 2 minutes pondering wether to shut down or not ?.
    So I guess there's no way to bypass the confirmation step altogether and have it shut down immediately on choosing Shut Down from the Apple menu ?.

6. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

Hold the option key while going to shutdown..

7. redart thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, now that I've restarted my Mac......thanks iHerzeleid...that really works!.
    Good job I didn't have any unsaved work...:D . Thanks again for all the replies.